Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!

Wild plum, fig, and blackcurrant pumpkin floss!

Plum, pumpkin and a touch of fig. This one is an odd pumpkin to me. It's got a heady dark plum note, and then you get the buttery pumpkin underneath. Low throw and wear length.

Just got my decant for this. On me, the pumpkin drowns out everything else. There is a hint of plum, but mostly spicy pumpkin. Low throw, gone in 30 minutes.

This is definitely “spicy purple” in a bottle. I don’t actually smell pumpkin, but the typical pumpkin spices layer nicely over blackcurrant and plum. It’s reminiscent of Blood Countess underneath, which I just love!

Wet: Hmm, this is interesting! When I first got it, I took a sniff and was disappointed, as it was all spice. But I set it aside for...well I cant remember now, but at least a week, I think more likely two? Anyway, it's gotten way less spicy, and the glorious plum note has come forward in the throw (nose to skin is still a LOT of spice.) The plum note reminds me of Shadow in the Elevator. Sadly, the longer it warms on my skin, the more the spices amp to drown out that amazing plum note that I want so much more of. Booooo, skin!

Dry: I cannot decide how I feel about this. I will likely age it a few months and try again. Certain phases there is too much spice, which is totally at odds with the plum, Then towards the end, the spice fades and the plum shines, but it goes plastic on me (fruit sometimes does on my skin, sadly). So, ya. This bottle may ultimately be destined for the swap pile, but I am not ready to give up on it quite yet - so much potential!

This is so my jam. The plum here is the rich, wanton plum from A Savage Veil Severe and Strong, Voluptuous Wantonness, A Shadow in the Elevator, Shadow Lace, etc. (I suspect it is grounded by a sweet aged patchouli, although I can neither confirm nor deny this fact). It eats up the fig almost completely, although a bit of the blackcurrant from Blackcurrant Pie peeks through, this dark musky berry, and it very much works in this blend. Woven into the thick purple fruit of the plum are the traditional pumpkin spices I recognize from, say, Pumpkin Latte, so these are the thicker, denser spices, almost syrupy. Considering this is a Floss, I'm not surprised they smell so sugared.

The moment I put this on, I knew it was my kind of scent. Plum is my favorite note, and specifically THIS plum. Spices work so well on my skin, and here the cinnamony-spicy redness is a surprisingly nice compliment to the decadence of the plum. Probably the closest thing I've smelled to this is Madame Moriarty, but Purple Pumpkin Floss is definitely spicier! The drydown is giving me a bit of Pumpkin Spice Snake Oil which I also have on this arm. Same year, even! HMM. Well, this Floss bottle is not going anywhere. She's got a permanent spot in my collection. Plum plus pumpkin spice. Delicious.

I would wear this while: feeling in a plum mood during falltime