Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!

Bursting bubbles of self-luminous pumpkin spice!

I'm a fan of the spicy gingeryness of Shoggoth, so I was super excited to try this one.

Sniff: It's very light and faint, a bit crispy.

Wet: An earthy muddy spice. I get hints of cinnamon and dirt.

Dry: This turns really sharp spice when dry, it's actually a bit noxious. I think the wet phase is nice, but I had to wash off the residual when dry.

First whiff wet on skin my nose reads pumpkin spice predominantly with little gourd.

Early in the dry phase, this gets more gourmand, there's a hint of pumpkin, spice, coconut, florals of the soft and tropical variety, and a squirt of lime rounded out by lemongrass. Confused yet? It's possibly luminescent but I'd love to taste it. It actually smells like some Thai dessert thingie, or maybe my imagination is out on a limb. Like lime meringue with pumpkin spice sugar and coconut flakes.

The heart is where this becomes interesting. The white Amber and glassy musk join the party. The pumpkin spice is more in the background, the floral and citrus are a fading memory but the green coconut adds grounding and sweetness. To be fair, my skin makes most scents sweet so YMMV.

This lasted a long, long time and the late drydown was glorious "glassy " musk and pale Amber. Being a white Amber whore, I couldn't be happier.

Shoggoth is one of the sleeper hits of the general catalog so I'm not surprised that this doesn't have many reviews. I personally think I am not the best reviewer and I struggle to describe what I smell so I'm probably not doing this justice. This and Violent Gestisticulations are my favourite scents of this update so far. That's saying something because there are many, many fine perfumes amongst the 2017 Weenies. I'm going to violate my no backups rule for this one. It's really more of a guideline...

TL;DR: gourmandy pumpkin spice green coconut Amber. And it's definitely scintillating. If I had to assign a color, this would be radioactive seafoam green with a hint of seashell pink swirl sprinkled with gold and orange glitter sprinkles.

Edited by sprout

Pumpkin spice, coconut amber, touches of musk and something floral on wet. It dries down to a pumpkin spice/coconut amber. If you love either coconut, or spices, I'd give this a whirl. Good throw and drydown.

Honestly, why aren't more people crazy about this?

This had some strong throw. The pumpkin spice is so strong, but it dries down to a green amber spicy concoction. The pumpkin spice note is indeed overpowering.