Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
zankoku_zen

Technical Boy

The fat young man at the other end of the stretch limo took a can of diet Coke from the cocktail bar and popped it open. He wore a long black coat, made of some silky material, and he appeared barely out of his teens: a spattering of acne glistened on one cheek. He smiled when he saw that Shadow was awake.

Hello, Shadow, he said. Dont fuck with me.

Its all about the dominant fucking paradigm, Shadow. Nothing else is important: vape smoke and burning electrical parts.

This one smells like angry grey smoke, electricity, and something that smells like corrupt champagne. There's a fizzy almost champagne edge to the fog (perhaps the vape smoke). On wet, this smelt like burning latex and smoke and I almost washed it off. It dries down to a gentler, less angry, and I think I'm smelling some tuberose.

Technical Boy was described as the male version of the Girl. There is something haunting about this, but its also a much angrier persona. Aggressive and in your face. But also, oddly insubstantial.

I've never been compelled to post a review, but I don't think Technical Boy is getting as much love as it should! So, I'm sending out loving vibes and a "Tech Boy" tribute with my positive review!

Technical Boy is a lovely, marvelous, interesting scent! For those who *are* "tech" boys and girls, or for those who *know* "tech" boys and girls - or their related ilk, gamers - perhaps your experience and memories of the type of smell that can be, uh, associated, with such folk isn't pleasant. Perhaps you’re even frightened of accidentally smelling like that if you indulge in this scent. (What IS that "unwashed gamer/geek funk" that seems to hang in the air above groups of tech/geek/gamer folk!?! It just happens! I’m not even exempt from exuding it when I get together with my geek friends!)

But, rest assured, this "Technical Boy" DOESN'T smell like a real, angry, perhaps unwashed vaping tech boy or girl!

If you're fresh and clean and Beth's "burning parts" and "vape smoke" mix with your skin chemistry, holy Holly is it wonderful!

The "burning" is very soft and subtle. It's not acidic or sharp or gross or that stomach-turning sour burning. It's just a pleasant buzz of burning or maybe even electricity.

The vape smoke is soft and sweet. My coarse nose can only explain it as “In the vanilla family.” I could almost guarantee that even if you don't like being around real vape smoke, you might find this vape smoke soft and sweet and pleasant and enveloping.

I friggen adore this scent! If you're on the fence, or even the slightest bit interested, I'd say at least give it a test! It was definitely bottle-worthy for me.

I'm going to layer it with Lightning to see if I can't get that jolt of electricity I was hoping would be in one of the rain/storm scents.

At first, I get lime-tinged vape smoke and latex. But it doesn't smell like it is burning on my skin. The vape smoke dominates on me throughout wear, and I still get the lime from it, but later on in the day, it also takes on a grey feel, like it might have a touch of ambergris or musk to it. Reading zee_zee's review above, I do think it may contain some tuberose -- because this has the same type of perfume-y quality I get from Ava.

I know I wouldn't reach for this, but it is not as scary as it sounds. Better than actual vape smoke and not nearly as burn-y as I had anticipated. :P  I'd recommend this to those that enjoy some of the Lab's more mainstream-leaning scents, because that's the type of scent this ultimately ends up settling into by the end of the day.

I felt inclined to try a decant of this because the description encapsulates my husband: a nerdy, vaping, controls engineer. While it doesn't smell like him (and he hated it, I tried), it does remind me of the vibe he exudes.

Oily citrus and burning electrical parts hit me first, then a foggy note, which is probably supposed to be the vape smoke. It's not an aggressive burning smell, just enough to add a bit of an edge. The biggest surprise is the drydown, which is verrrry floral. It smells like a night-blooming flower, but I'm not sure which one (not jasmine, I think the previous reviewers could be right about tuberose). 

Technical Boy is really unique and I like it enough to keep my decant, but I don't need a full size.