Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
zankoku_zen

Dark Chocolate, Red Pepper Flake, and Dried Red Fruits

[No additional description provided.]

This one is definitely a morpher! On wet, it's mainly dark chocolate and red fruits. As it dries, the red pepper flakes come out and add a spiciness to the blend. It dries down to a pimento-topped red fruit blend. Spicy. In some ways, this reminds me to dragon's blood. I could see the Queen of Mereen being into this. Medium throw and wear length.

Wow. I can't believe this one doesn't have more reviews. I got a similar experience as zankoku_zen. Dark chocolate at first, but the red pepper becomes prominent quickly, and the red fruits kick in. They smell tart and sort of chewy. The overall effect reminds me of those Cadbury Fruit & Nut Bars or Raisinets. The chocolate is more a binder for the other ingredients than a center piece.

If you are a fan of red pepper though, this might be one to try. It definitely makes an appearance in the blend.

Edited by VetchVesper

In bottle: Extremely fruity.  Red fruit supported by dark chocolate and a wee kick of pepper.  Wet: Really unusual.  The Red Fruit expand in depth and complexity on the skin.  I don't think I've smelled a fruit blend this rich before.  The chocolate remains in gentle support.  The pepper is a tad stronger adding a pleasant edge.  Dry: Fast fading Chocolate.

Mostly dark chocolate and red fruits for a while, the pepper doesn't really come out until well after drying as the fruits start to fade. The red fruits in here mostly read as a mix of raspberry and cherry to me. No sweetness to the chocolate besides the fruits, it's very bitter and dark. Comes close to reminding me of those chocolate covered cherry candies. 

It does fade a little fast on me, first the fruits and then the chocolate. The pepper stays present for a while even when those are fading. The pepper combined with the fruits is really nice, now I'm wanting to try a perfume similar to this but with Tajín instead of red pepper flakes and chocolate.  :lovestruck: