Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!

Red apple, cacao, and bourbon vetiver.

First?
oh my! :)

In the Bottle:
My bottle needed a good shake - it was very distinctly separated between ingredients.
The scent was surprisingly subtle.
I could detect all three notes but I really was expecting the vetiver to jump out and dominate.

On my Skin, Wet:
A blast of the vetiver, then some boozy chocolate & vanilla (?) with just a hint of the apple.

On my Skin, Dry:
The vetiver has subsided a bit, the chocolatey note comes out more, and the apple has become more subtle.

After a few hours:
mostly a chocolatey scent now.
I can still detect traces of apple, and the vetiver has died down quite a bit.

I am so glad Akurarei mentioned to shake this one up! There is certainly a layer at the bottom (I am guessing cacao). I generally do not have to shake a bottle so recently delivered.

In the bottle (not shaken): Apple. Warmed by the sun. I sniff Gala apple with my nose right in the divet by the stem. A hint of some other aromas are there, but nothing bold. The apple is subtle, not the cheap APPLEinyourFACE like i was worried about.

In the bottle (shaken!): oh hi cacao! still quite subtle.

Wet: Gala apple, juicy and bitten. a whisper of cacao, a hint of vetiver.

I am currently swimming in a dozen apples while I await this one to dry down. Will be back with more infos :)

Of course, wet this is a billion red apples freshly cut.

Drydown is surprisingly good. All 3 elements are harmonious and evenly balanced. The cacao glows and the vetivert is just a nice musky earthy base with red apple still present. Very calming in a creature comforts kinda way. Perfect representation of fall. Think fall cabin with billowing chimney, soft plush livingroom rug, and a 70's variety show special on an old tube TV you dug outta a dusty box of VHS tapes.

Red apples, a ton of vetiver, whiff of cacao. I get mainly apple and vetiver, and on the drydown the vetiver is winning. It sort of reminds me to the Gas Lamp's Flare. Medium throw and wear length.

This is the first oil I've tried that's been this separated--several large globs of what I expect is cacao sank to the bottom, and while I mixed it back up as best I can, I'm not sure it worked completely. I definitely smell the apple, which is light and crisp in contrast to the bite of vetiver. BPAL vetiver often goes to burned wood on me, but here it's sharply green and herbal. There's a little bit of very dark, thick cacao at the base, but it only comes through at the end of the sniff. It accents the other notes well, and none of them overwhelm or unbalance the mix. This is different from any of the other apple scents I've tried, and I like it a lot; I'll keep the imp.

This bottle has been sitting for months--the cacao was sitting on the bottom, so it needed shaking!

In the bottle: Bourbon vetiver that's been drizzled over chocolate-coated fresh red apples.

Wet on skin: Much the same as on cold sniff. :)

The dry-down:: This loses the apples after a while, and I am left w/ a chocolaty scent w/ the sweetness undercut by the vetiver, slightly. Layering this w/ some sort of SN Red Apple note would mitigate its failings. The fact that the cacao keeps precipitating out is disconcerting. I really like the wet stage the best.

Edited by thekittenkat