Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Bluestblood

Auspicium Melioris Aevi

A sign of a better age: white sandalwood and crystallized vanilla absolute with white amber, Florentine iris, white leather, and red patchouli bursting through melting snow.

This is WONDERFUL and reminds me of Monastery in the Mountains!

The lab's snow note takes center stage, and it has a soft, pillow-y, smooth minty/vanilla cloud vibe. The softest sandalwood and leather notes peak out, with only a tiny breath of gentle florals. The patchouli, which is barely detectable, gives the whole thing a little bit of an edge.

This is a must have for anyone who loved Monastery in the Mountains or Cloister Graveyard in the Snow. There is a stoic optimism about this scent that is difficult to put into words.

A light waft of sandalwood, sweet, gives way to snow. Not new-fallen snow, but snow that has been melting in the slightly-warming sun. I don't get vanilla or amber, but the mixture of the two helps to soften the snow. On me, as this is drying, the snow becomes a tad harsh, but only for a moment, more like the air is still cold and biting your nose. There is an almost smell of an old fire that has been put out by the snow, slightly smokey.

I really don't get any leather or patch (although I think the patch is giving me the smokey recognition); it blends seamlessly together. Still light, soft and not-too-sweet, with a promise of warmer days right around the corner.

This definitely reminds me to Talkvikuu and Monastery in the Mountains. Slushy snow, iris, hints of warm vanilla, amber, and sandalwood. It's a mix of cool and warm. Decent throw and wear length.

This smells both feminine and masculine at times. Cool, sophisticated, yet cozy.