Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
DiesMali

Dark Chocolate, Madagascar Vanilla, Haitian Vetiver, Benzoin, and Champaca

In the bottle: Woodsy cocoa.

Wet on my skin: Thick, smoky, rich DARK chocolate.

Dry: If you like dark, dark chocolate and smoky vetiver, this is a blend for you. This is like 70%+ cacao, bitter and almost a little dusty, with the vetiver and other notes coming in to making it this a rich, thick, boozy-smoky dark chocolate blend. This isn't really a foodie chocolate at all, nor is it perfumey. This is NOT a sweet bonbon at all, at least on my skin. It is...just really, really unique. I have nothing else like this in my BPAL collection. This is about as dark and masculine as chocolate ever gets, but if it's too dark for ladies who order it, don't be afraid to slather a male S.O./relative in it if it ends up not being your thing!

After it's been on a while, the cocoa starts to fade into the background, leaving a smoothly smoky vanilla-vetiver-benzoin behind, with the champaca and vanilla continuing to make everything a little boozy to my nose.

Wet: Dark chocolate, vanilla, and vetiver!

Dry (40 mins later): The dark chocolate has faded a tad to allow the other notes to come out. The vetiver is a great base for the dark chocolate and champaca.

(55 mins later) I wasn't getting too much vanilla before but now I can pick up on it.

This has great throw and it's very intriguing. I'll probably use up my decant when I'm popping outside to run errands :)

I keep thinking 'white chocolate' whenever I wear this, but it must be the vanilla amping up on my skin (and I am not complaining about that at all!). Lots of creamy, sweet, chocolate-y vanilla. The other notes meld together so well into this warm, sweet, golden incense feel that I really enjoy, with a dusting of rich, sweet, dark cocoa in the drydown. There's a little bit of smokiness as well, but it's not harsh woodsmoke or bbq smoke; it's like a light wisp of incense smoke. It really smells magical.
White chocolate, golden incense, and a dusting of dark cocoa powder. :thud:
This year's chocolates are all really amazing.

In the bottle: To me this is a sweet scent. I get the dark chocolate, but it's sweetened by the vanilla it seems. I am also picking up the Champaca.

Wet: This is definitely really sweet and floral on me. The dark chocolate is just a background note, barely there. I am getting a slight hint of the Vetiver.

Dry: The dark chocolate has completely gone as did the Vetiver. This is now just champaca and vanilla.

Overall I like this scent. But it was not at all what I expected. I was hoping for more dark chocolate and Vetiver for a nice sweet/smokey chocolaty scent. But maybe it will come out with aging.