Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
hammy

The Gourd of Deprivation Hair Gloss

The scent of fallow fields, faraway conflagrations consuming dry, parched grasses, and crops failing under the relentless heat of a dying sun.

Last year's Gourd of Deprivation atmo was one of my all-time favorites, so this was a no-brainer when I saw the new Weenies. It doesn't disappoint. I've been spraying the atmo for almost a year now, and this hair gloss holds up against the original blend. Oh man, I can't tell you how wonderful it is to finally be able to spray this chai pumpkin tea scent in my hair! It's got the same qualities I loved about its predecessor: sweet spices, cozy pumpkin, and the feel of gentle sunshine on a hayfield. Reminds me of harvest season back home when the wind picks up loose bits of dry grass and swirls around a bit. I finally feel like fall has arrived. This hair gloss will not disappoint you.

I was not at all expecting to like this as much as I do. It is a lovely autumnal scent. At first, I was concerned that the dry scent of leaves and hay would smack me in the face, but it does not. Gourd of Deprivation smells like pumpkin, autumnal spices, some baked good ( possibly sugared and spiced donuts), and a subtle hay note. It is not too overwhelmingly sweet, hay-like, or spicey. It is very balanced and pleasant. This has taken over as my regular hair gloss of choice. If you've never tried BPTP hair glosses, please do. They are brilliant. I will also add that the bottle art is so nice on the Pumpkins of the Apocalypse bottles.Go get yourself some!

Hoo boy, everything I loved about my Gourd of Deprivation atmo (which I used up faster than any atmo ever) is now available in a hair gloss. I agree with hammy, it's pretty great to be able to spritz with abandon ON MY HEAD. To me this smells like sweet grasses, dry and almost smoky, and broad sunlight at dusk. There really is something doughnutty in here, and at times this smells like an apple cider doughnut with spices and grasses in the background. It sort of defies description, but it smells wonderful. I will enjoy every drop of this.

This smells pretty much on my hair like the Atmo does in the air, which is a good thing. The pumpkin and spices are slightly heavier on me, and maybe it's a tad sweeter, but it's the same, as Mellifluous so eloquently put it "incensy chai doughnut on a pile of hay" smell I remember. Just lovely. I can still smell this clearly in my hair almost a full 24 hours after putting it on, which is win.

Ermagerd, I am so happy I got this!

I had absolutely no intention to, based on the description. Not that it didn't sound good, just not something I thought I would wear in my hair. But then I started to read people likening it to chai and I had to try it. So happy I did!!

I'm not sure about chai to be exact, but it's spicy and creamy. Reminds me a little of this year's Pumpkin Cheesecake Cupcake, and I actually think I will end up wearing the two together a lot. Yum. Every foodie should have this.

Got a decant of this..... yummy!

In the bottle, I was surprised how creamy and sweet this smelled. Very creamy inside-of-a-pumpkin!

On my hair, it stays creamy and sweet but not so much as sniffing in the bottle. I agree there is a "chai" aspect to it, but the dry grass part of it makes it real balanced! I love this one! It has a light scent on my hair to me and I think this is a perfect autumn scent!! Might need to get me a full bottle of this! :)

Sweet grass, dry pumpkin husk, and fall sunlight. This smells like the atmo.

It's a really interesting hair gloss. Fall, sunlight and dry scorched grass. It shouldn't be appealing, but it totally is.

I initially passed on this based on the description on the site, but after reading the reviews I got a bottle. Oh my flavors, this isn't just wonderful, it's hoard worthy. I picked up the atmo asap because I want everything in my life to smell like this.

I think "apple cider doughnut with spices and grasses" is pretty spot on. The first thing I notice is a creamy juiciness. Like when you put something in your mouth and it just bursts forth with deliciousness. There is definitely some autumn/chai/pumpkin spice in the background, but it isn't overwhelming at all. It just provides a deep, rich bottom that holds the lighter pumpkin-flesh juiciness. After wearing this for a little while, it does develop a more creamy and bakery scent.

This is just incredible and I love it!! It's everything I love about autumn in a bottle.