Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
jolarocknrolla

Still Life with Peaches, a Silver Goblet, Grapes and Walnuts Hair Gloss

(Jean-Siméon Chardin)
Peach with tonka absolute, walnut hulls, velvet red musk, oudh, black patchouli, smoked clove, and a hint of black grape skin.

At first I get a bit of watered wine and a bright fruity sweetness from the peach and tonka. Fresh the grape-skins are very prominent at first but this smoky and sort of sexy undercurrent comes up after a while. The musk/patch/clove could have been really overwhelming here but they are really smooth and well behaved ... and more of something where you catch the ghost of musk and a hint of sweet, velvety patch. Beautifully blended, very wearable, somehow both freshly sweet and sensual.

My favorite of the Dragoncon hair glosses!

Seriously this thing is just total LOVE! First sniff and I swoooooned with the goodness! and I agreed with everything Jola said. Considering most of my HG's have been patch heavy I very happily surprised how lovely this fruity one is!

Clove, smattering of patchouli, peach and walnuts. It sort of smells woody, peachy, and with a touch of wine. It was smokier, woodier, and sexier than I expected.

Very sophisticated. Remember how Pele is like a clean sophisticated hair gloss in my review? This is like Pele's sister. The kind that smokes clove cigarettes and has sex in the sitting room prior to having guests over for dinner.

Mmm. Smoky clove, juicy peach. Some depth and woodiness from the patch (but not Patchouli heavy at all). I agree with those that found this way sexier than expected. I think I will get good use out of this all year round, it will go nicely with many perfumes.