Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Sign in to follow this  
puck_nc

Pele Bath Oil

Whimsical, temperamental, radiant and ravishingly beautiful Goddess of Volcanoes, Fire, Lightning and Dance. She is the Mother of Eruptions and the personification of destructive power. Volcanic eruptions are said to be a side-effect of her jealous rages and her epic quarrels with her siblings are legendary. This perfume embodies her gentler, benign aspect as the capricious Goddess of Dance: muguet and Hawaiian white ginger enveloped by warm, damp tropical blooms.

Origin: Straight from the Post

Initial Thoughts: This is it, finally! A mostly floral scent won the Lunacy poll!

In the Bottle: A crush of heady tropical florals. This is pure island magic without the coconut edge to make you think of suntan lotion.

On the Skin: My usual application method is to rub some into my elbows and other dry places at the end of my shower. 20 minutes later I can still smell it on my hands - the ginger has emerged, but is very smooth and gentle, adding some weight to the floral notes. Lush and tropical without screaming "Beach!"

Verdict: Love it! I'm very glad I snagged a bottle.

I'm reviewing from a decant generously frimped to me by the lovely Azurephoenix..

Honestly, I never used it as a bath oil, but slathered it all over during my vacation last week.

It's tropical floral lite slightly backed by ginger ..I like it much better than the perfume oil because of its subtlety. It's beautiful and I wish I had snagged a full bottle (although it would not have lasted long!) Just gorgeous ☺️

Lush tropical florals with ginger. It's beautiful and lovely, and it makes me think of the beach and sunshine, and tropical florals on the breeze. Given that we just had a mega-snow storm, sometimes dreaming of a tropical paradise keeps the cabin fever away!

How is it possible that I never reviewed this wonderful bath oil?! Will remedy that right now! Note that I always use my bath oils as after shower moisturizers. 

Pele is the perfect summer scent, a tropical ginger flower. The bath oil matches the perfume perfectly and I'm going to be heartbroken when I finally use the last drops. I would love it if this became a part of the permanent collection if bath oils ever return.