Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Lycanthrope

Burning the Blue Dark Round Their Moons Atmosphere Spray

Sapphire-blue musk alight with a white fire of chamomile, styrax, iced honey, saffron, and castoreum accord.

Starts off smelling a little bit of a sweet, sugary musk, with a small hint of something almost a bit caramelized. This turns out to be somewhat darker around the edges as the castoreum accord brings in a little grittiness. It's overall a sweet, slightly honey scent (!) with only a touch of shadow from the castoreum.

this one... oh this one broke my heart. in the bottle, it smells like this amazing chamomile-musk scent. there's a brand of cotton yarn that is scented. i have no idea why, but they have a chamomile scented one, and i love the scent of the yarn, so much so that i want to make a sweater or something big out of it. even though i know one good laundering and the smell would be gone. but i still love the smell! this is a lot like that chamomile scented yarn, but with a nice musk - something more like Siberian Musk, rather than white or black or red.

in the bottle? so amazing. but once sprayed?

then it becomes Snow White's twin brother. i sprayed one page of my notes with it and am sniffing it as i type this out. and i stand by Snow White's twin brother.

i've never liked Snow White, it reminds me of this spray car air freshener my dad used when i was little, so there's a teensy bit of nostalgia but i'd never want to wear it as perfume.

this has whatever part of that creamy-white smell in it that makes me not much care for it removed, with something a touch more masculine instead.

Burning the Blue Dark Round Their Moons is like moonlight—beautiful, ephemeral, and tough to pin down. I catch the blue musk, the chamomile, and the iced honey at times, but this is so well-blended that it smells more like pale blue light than the result of any note list. It's very faint when I spray the air, but when I spray my clothes I can definitely smell it and it lingers for hours. I'm really tempted to pick up a backup of this one!

This one is a very soft, slightly faint blend - but I think its the blue musk, chamomile, and just a touch of sweetness. It dissipates pretty quickly, I think.

On the other hand, it makes the bedroom smell sort of ethereal without you pointing out that it's a scent making it do it.

This may require another test.

Cold sniff: Much as on the tin, but more blue musk w/ hints of the other notes.

Sprayed on an unscented tissue: Much more headier mix when sprayed. Lovely blue musk melds well with those white fire notes, esp. the iced honey. Just delightful.:

This is such a wild ride. In the bottle, it's a silky vanilla-esque neroli to my nose. When it hits fabric or hair, it turns so much more animalistic, like a vanilla with TEETH! The sweetness (must be the iced honey!) is cut with the herbaceous spice of the chamomile and saffron, delicious notes but I wouldn't have guessed them, noseblind. But daaaaamn it's good. Unf. Unf unf.

But where the heck is the NEROLI coming from? The "white fire"? Maybe the woody styrax, the blue musk, and/or orange blossom honey? I could not tell you. I can tell you that the more Burning dies down, the more the sweetness evaporates and leaves the more feral, edgy notes lingering, and WOOF I'm not mad at it. It's like a hot fierce lady wearing charcoal silks, who gradually sheds them in the woods and turns into a werewolf and bites you, and you love every moment of it.

I'm so impressed by the artistry of this atmo. It's not overly strong, so I would wear the heck out of this one on my person. I am tickled to death with my full bottle of it. I would wear this when I want to feel fiercely elegant, or elegantly fierce.