Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Arden Ivy

Frosty Silkybat Hair Gloss

Sugared patchouli, snowy vanilla, and snowflakes.

Hmm. Well I bought a bottle of Silkybat when it first came out and really liked it. I don't like this one as much as the original.

In the bottle it smells like a cross between silkybat and snow white which I've never been a giant fan of. Once I put it on the snowy notes fade into the background and the patch comes out to play. I don't know how to describe this scent other than 'glamorous dirt' haha. I like it but not as much as the original. I will however be really impressed if the scent sticks around tomorrow as I put it in wet and my wet hair loves to eat pretty smells :( we shall see!

Oops. I guess I forgot to review this.

I was not a fan of the original Silkybat, which I decided to try because of the 'sugared' part of the description. Still, I thought I'd give Frosty Silkybat a chance, since it contained snow and vanilla notes -- two notes I enjoy.

Alas, it was still not my cup of tea. There was just too much patchouli for my liking (and not enough snow or vanilla). I think it's a red patchouli.

(Oddly enough, I adore Revenant Rhythm, but I think it's the prominence of the vanilla that makes that one so great for me.)

I did not think I was a fan of snow notes, but this beauty has changed my mind! I love the patch/vanilla combo (much lighter here than in the beloved Reverent Rhythm) and the snow note really does smell like...snow! How does Beth do that?? Frosty Silky Bat is beautiful (adore the original, too!), low throw, but lasts very long. I am walking in a cloud of amazing patch/vanilla/snow! YES!