Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!

The fire of the sun, the glow of the moon, and the twinkle of flaming-white stars eclipsed by temple incense and scorched olive leaf: Tunisian amber, Italian bergamot, and blue and white musks blanketed in styrax, libanon, and myrron.

Anaxagoras, I am not sure what to think of you. On wet, I got the bergamot and white musk. As it dries I get hints of amber and blue musk, with a hint of white flowers over a base of incense.

You smell slightly incensey, slightly white flowery but mainly like amber and blue musk. Very contemplative (I feel like I say that about every blend that has blue musk in it) and actually very Grecian. You know, the pictures that have a rocky hillside covered in white mountain flowers, verdant green grass, and the blue ocean out in the horizon. That's what this smells like. Somewhat pastoral, if the goatherders loved to discuss philosophy and politics when not swanning about in a gorgeous countryside.

This scent is typically bpal, and I mean this in a good way. It has the musk, floral, incense, resins, etc. It reminds me of quite a lot of other bpal blends, but I can't think of what atm. Maybe it's Athens, it does have that Grecian 'feel', like zz mentioned above. Smells like powder after a bit, but it's still nice. This really isn't my style, so no more needed.

This really smells like a TAL blend at first, herbal with a clear musky vibe. After a bit, becomes sweet and powdery, which is probably the amber. I like this stage, slightly herbal, sweet and powdery. I'll enjoy the rest of my imp.

Very powdery amber, crystalline and clean smelling white musk, and a hint of dry, dusty incense. Anaxagoras fades really quickly on me. Powdery, clean and light.

Freebie from a friend. 

In the bottle: Amber and musk, perhaps a hint of olive. I don't recognise the names of the last three notes, and google is not much help ("libanon" obviously turns up nothing but references to a country of similar name, though there was a hit for a cedar? "Myrron" gets me nowhere, I'm assuming it's myrrh.) 

Wet: Very amber more than anything else, and a whiter profile of musk, which is a shame as I love blue. A neroli-like floral, resin (I was right about myrrh...) and the scent of Athenian olive trees.

Dry: I've tried it twice now, and twice I've stalled as to what I actually think. It's mostly musk, with a strong backbone of amber and a cloak of incense. 

Average lifespan of 6-8 hours, medium throw. A baffling experience.

Stars: ★★★★