Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Sign in to follow this  
Nemi

Scent when getting tattooed?

The topic I guess reveals my question. On the one hand, I'd like to wear something that makes me feel great and calm, on the other hand I'm thinking that the artist has to sit close to me for hours and might not appreciate it... Should I be lighthanded with scent? Wear none at all? What would you advice?

if you are going in for a couple of sittings, I would maybe say to wear nothing for the first one. or nothing for the consultation to get the feel of the shop. I acutally like the weird smell of tattoo parlours. the greensoap! the blood and the alcohol.

but I would maybe lean towards nothing just cause you want your artist to be at his/her best so as to ink you fast and fine. or something super close to your skin maybe only behind the ears.

or maybe a drop of an appropriate tal oil.

what are your usual favorite scents and where are you getting your latest ink?

I think you are right. I don't want anything to distract him from doing his best!

I have so many favorite scents. Raven Moon, Black Rider, Morocco, Feed me and fill me with pleasure, Blood Countess, September Midnight, Skekna the Slavemaster, Black Death. The list goes on and on.

I'm getting a cover for a kind of big tattoo on my back.

Yes, maybe I'll bring scent and not wear any for the first day? We are doing to full days...

You can take your favorite scent with you and ask the artist if he minds if you put some on.

I think you are right. I don't want anything to distract him from doing his best!

I have so many favorite scents. Raven Moon, Black Rider, Morocco, Feed me and fill me with pleasure, Blood Countess, September Midnight, Skekna the Slavemaster, Black Death. The list goes on and on.

I'm getting a cover for a kind of big tattoo on my back.

Yes, maybe I'll bring scent and not wear any for the first day? We are doing to full days...

giggle at the skeksis! I love skekna!

since you'll be on your belly and can fold up your arms to huff at wrists, maybe a dab of oil there would work for you.

wear what makes you feel calm and grounded of all of those scents.

and eat protein first!!

have fun :biggrin:

Hehehe!

Thanks for the advice!

I'll dab a bit on my wrists, bring it and ask if he minds perfume.

I know it is important to eat, is protein particularly important? Anyway - sushi for early lunch beforehand? - don't mind if I do ;)

Hehehe!

Thanks for the advice!

I'll dab a bit on my wrists, bring it and ask if he minds perfume.

I know it is important to eat, is protein particularly important? Anyway - sushi for early lunch beforehand? - don't mind if I do ;)

everyone is different, and your needs might not be my needs.

but for me, I like something light but good for energy. and I personally need regular protein to stay grounded. I would think sushi would be perfect. maybe bring nuts or trail mix to snack on.

Now the deed is done! I dabbed some Lady Una on my wrists the first day but I think I could have let it be, it smelled so strongly of tattoo parlour like mentioned here hehe and after five hours during the first day I couldn't care less about smells at all :)

I need more something calming now, when it is itching like crazy!!!! Argh!!

Now the deed is done! I dabbed some Lady Una on my wrists the first day but I think I could have let it be, it smelled so strongly of tattoo parlour like mentioned here hehe and after five hours during the first day I couldn't care less about smells at all :)

I need more something calming now, when it is itching like crazy!!!! Argh!!

pic please, when it's not so scabby! :P

and yeah don't scratch!

Yes - I'm so worried I'll scratch this like crazy in my sleep!!!

I'll post a pic of my beautiful raven once it looks good again ;)

Sign in to follow this