Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Aldercy

Blood Popsicle

This one was a risky buy for me, but I am very glad that I took the plunge! This is a complex fruity & spicy blend that is actually quite wearable!

In Bottle: Right out of the bottle, there is a citrus that immediately is recognizable as blood orange as well as a distinct clove note, a frost note, and I think a hint of dragon's blood. There is a good contrast here of spicy/fruity and warm/cool. Very balanced.

On Skin: The frosty note evaporates and the spices amp up, giving the fruitiness a more mature aspect. The resinous quality of the dragon's blood also begins to amp up, which gives it a rather mysterious quality as well. 

Dry Down: The spices continue to amp a bit, but this is mostly a linear scent with all the notes staying the same after interacting with my skin chemistry.

Wear Time: 6-7hrs

Throw: Medium (8-10in)

Admittedly I bought this because it came up when I had asked about cherry forward scents, and uhm, I'm disappointed in that regard. On the flipside, I'm digging the fruity (red and maybe a blood orange?), slightly spicy tang to this! There's a strange metallic tang to it that I can't place, but I love it. I only wish this lasted longer on me... My skin totally ate this up within two hours. I am the sad.

Edited by Thuy

This was my first BPAL scent. I loved the movie, and when I discovered that this fragrance series existed, I had to try it! Blood Popsicle is a gorgeous, luscious scent with so many wonderful notes... dark fruits, pomegranate, and incense (the Lab’s musk note?) are the backbone, adorned with florals like jasmine, peony, and gardenia, notes of honey, cinnamon, notes found in In Templum Dei (including some combination of frankincense, cistus labdanum, white sandalwood, and liquidambar), a hint of toothpaste-y spearmint, possibly candy grape, and a powdery note of myrrh, and of course... the sensual fragrance of blood itself! It is also incredibly long-lasting, hanging about fabrics for multiple days and even through a shower. It smells just as strong and delicious almost three years after purchase as it did when it was new!

Edited by QueenProserpina
Additions

One of my very first BPAL scents because how could I resist something simply called “Blood Popsicle.” 

In the bottle: Resin-y and warm spicy, but the coldness was quick to catch up, along with dried up fruitiness, sweet and tart but no distinct fruit notes. 

Wet: More resin. I’m not at all experienced with fragrance or familiar with the Lab’s dragon’s blood and can’t tell if this was it, but I liked it. However a faint smoke of cinnamon (the bane of my existence) made me worry if it would go warm on me. Luckily the cinnamon-like note dissipated soon and was completely gone before it could settle into anything overwhelming. Then came the blood and the popsicle. Dried cherry, metallic pomegranates, other fruits I can’t name, all frozen and sealed together by the dark red resinous scent. Also there was probably more musk than I expected (none). 

Drydown: Gentle, smoky, barely there. A light sweetness of something that wasn’t fresh or juicy but still delicious. The ghostly presence of bags of dried fruits in an old storage chamber. 

I don’t get actual blood notes, but Blood Popsicle might be one of the best interpretations of metaphorical blood out there. Keeping this one.