Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
zankoku_zen

Tis Thy Voice from the Kingdom of Souls

A song of love echoing out through the aethers from the shadowy lands of death: pale rose and sweet myrrh drifting through a veil of olibanum, elemi, pallid frankincense, black tea leaf, and ho wood.

I get mainly rose, frankincense, and woods. It's a sweet rose, resinous, light and yet kind of sad.

If you're looking for sad and sweet rose blends, this one is definitely for you. It reminded me of being in the twilight of your years, and looking back at your first love.

Rose and myrhh. I do like rose with resins, but this one is just too sharp on me. After a bit, it fades into sweet, whispy rose. I'm not a fan of this one, but it was nice to try.

It smells very light and pretty. Very incense-y, more so than rose on me (which is unusual since I amp rose). Smoky rose incense.

Holy shit, I don’t hate this!

Received a frottle from the lab; I would NEVER have picked this for myself since I dislike almost everything floral… especially rose. I popped this straight into my swap pile, but something made me decide to try it this morning. 

This is mostly white/gray woods & incense. “Pale” and “pallid” are accurately evocative terms for this translucent scent. On dry down, it is resinous and vaguely sweet. A complex cousin to Cathedral.

Rose is but the faintest idea after 7 years in this bottle. It’s not there unless you’re looking for it, and even then it’s the mere memory of a rose brushed by one’s skirts on a morning walk with a loved one. 

I…… I’m going to keep this one. And actually wear it. Who knew?? (The Lab, that’s who. They knew. They always know.)

ETA: wet, this has a funk. Like decaying rose petals. For me, that disappears after 5ish minutes and I’m left with clear, white/grey/silver resin similar to Cathedral, but with a hint of green thorny stem running through. 

Edited by Estamets