Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
MCS4096

Curved Sky

Pink grapefruit, white lime, ambergris accord, and opoponax.

This is a very well balanced blend-- all the notes are pretty much equal players. Top notes are bright, astringent, sugared grapefruit and lime. I think they're pretty obviously grapefruit and lime, rather than the more common lemon, which is nice. The base is sweet and salty and a little spicy myrrh and ambergris. Upon application the overall effect is somewhat like furniture polish on beautiful wood (I mean this in a pleasant way, not like "lemon pledge").. it's golden and shining and deep and warm. As it dries down the citrus aspect stays pretty true, but the myrrh and ambergris do their skin chemistry thang-- on me they become a little powdery and a little musky. I really love this one for it's juxtaposition between bright and deep notes.. it's fairly simple while still presenting a less traditional contradictory/complementary vibe. I'm a big resin lover, and generally don't care much for citrus blends, but these citrus notes are interesting enough, and there is still enough of a resin base, that I think I will wear this one a lot this summer!

beautiful beautiful beautiful.

first applied, I get a sugar-crusted citrus. bright and sweet from the lime, a little puckery and juicy from the grapefruit.

then the resins come out to play and the scent is warm and chewy and musky with a refreshing zip. the sweetness is still there, but it's more of a maple/brown sugar and now just at the edges.

this is gorgeous. :wub2:

Curved Sky was a blend I was very interested in, but ended up being really weird on my skin chemistry. It opened up as a very bitter grapefruit, and transformed into a smoky/grapefruit blend. I blame the opoponax, which I am really starting to believe is not a scent that plays well with my skin.

Bright citrus at first, yup it's pink grapefruit. :) There's also something a bit dusty here, but not sure what is translating that to. After a bit, the dustiness goes, and the ambergris comes out along with the grapefruit. I would say the ambergris starts to dominate and turn into a SN for me. I liked it when both the citrus and ambergris were about equal. Since I have ambergris SN, I really don't need any more.

I really liked this. It was a little chancy for me because lime goes off smelling on my skin. I do like grapefruit when I'm in the mood for something bright. This one is bright but also grounded. A nice mix of sunny youthfullness with a dash of sophisticated resinous glamour.

Oh, I wanted to love this. And I do--but it lasts all of half an hour on me. The lime in this is punchy enough even to hide the grapefruit on me, unless it's a different grapefruit than I'm used to. The ambergris gives it even more of an edge, and as the blend settles down it almost smells like a sweet margarita. I don't get opoponax out of this so much as something sugar-sweet, like margarita-flavored cotton candy. Which is something I would be all over if it existed. Sadly I think I'll be passing this one along since my skin eats it.