Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
The Poison Queen

Hunger Moon 2014

Ozone, white sandalwood, Gum Arabic, crystallized white amber, verbena, oakmoss, clary sage, davana, and a hint of white citrus rind.

Hands down, this is one of my favourite lunacies.

In the bottle- Sharp ozone-citrus and sweet verbena with just a hint of oakmoss.

Wet on skin- A sweet citrus amber, medium sillage. Just really a beautiful scent. Sometimes verbena turns to lemon pledge on me, but in this blend it is just so nice.

Dry- Stays very much as it did in the wet stage, only I get a bit more of the ozone and the gum arabic. Just a beautiful scent, I wish I had ordered more of it.

Like the reviewer above, this is also my favorite lunacy...in fact I think it is my favorite bpal...period...wish I bought 2 actually . But for now I will happily keep my one bottle. Wet: lightly sweet citrus and verbena (funny, I always hated verbena until I smelled bpal's version). Dry: still lightly citrusy, but now the white amber comes out to sweeten and round out the scent. Throw is fine (this is more of a stick on you scent than a everyone around you can smell scent). Staying power is ok. I slathered at 11:00 and could still smell it at 6. I reapplied before going out for the night. Never the less,

It is worth it because it smells so fantastic.

In the bottle: Ozone, sandalwood, clary sage, and some sweetness, probably from the Gum Arabic.

Wet: Ozone, with the citrus rind and the powder of the amber becoming apparent.

The dry-down: This has dried down to a delicate, almost spring-like scent. The coolness of the ozone keeps it grounded n that transitional state between winter and spring. All the other notes are blending together, w/ the exception of the amber, which goes always powdery on my skin. Those other notes are a pretty herbal mix kept in check by the Gum Arabic. The verbena and citrus seem to be behaving themselves, so far. I like this and will be wearing it a lot in March. :)

Hunger Moon 2014 was a bracing white grapefruit and lemon verbena blend. Sadly, it dried down to a straight up lemon verbena blend.

I would have been happy if it was grapefruit + ozone, and the lemon verbena is pleasant but not what I was hoping for.

Fresh and citrusy at first. Turns into a resiny, musky blend, which is light. I really like this!

This smells pretty similar to how I remember the 2007 Hunger Moon. Sharp, clean citrus, lots of lemon verbena, and powdery white sandalwood and amber with hints of dry, herbal greenery. The ozone isn't overwhelmingly soapy, but it's there. Too much sharp, sour lemon for me.