Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
samarablackcat

Black Moon 2013: Beth's Creation

Elizabeth’s Interpretation
A search for lost reason: white musk, indigo musk, and mugwort with honeyed sandalwood, honey myrtle, yarrow, white patchouli, and lemon verbena.

This is a beautiful scent, and not the type I usually am drawn towards. I was intrigued by the two musks and white patchouli; honey or honeyed things usually do not play well on my skin. I cannot identify any one note (although I don't really know what myrtle and yarrow smell like); it's blended seamlessly.

This reminds me of spring...light, playful, feminine. The verbena doesn't become problematic for me. It's office appropriate and still flirty enough to wear out, taunting your intended with wisps of potentiality. Sillage is closer to the skin than I prefer (I like big, bold oh hai) but produces an aura of sultry femininity. This is my second day of testing and I can't quit huffing myself. I've been needing something a little more professional for work, and I think this fills the bill for me. Contrasts nicely against Schwarzer Mond and layers nicely with Luna Negra.

I actually get a fair amount of honey from this blend - It's honey, smoky sandalwood, hint of musky patchouli.

It's flirty and mysterious. Stays pretty close to the skin, low throw.

In a lot of ways, she remind me to a type of girl we all know. The one that is fun, but hard to pin down, that seems unable to give you a straight answer but its because she has "stuff that she can't talk about" (at least she's honest about that), and she gives you a wave of her hand, but her smile is so infectious that you can't seem to mind the fact that you almost no nothing about her.

So if you fancy this girl, or fancy yourself this type of girl, then give this a whirl.

Strong, musky perfume in a bad 70's kind of way. These Black Moons have never worked on me, I blame the white musk in this one, it is just too sharp.