Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
crimescenecleanup

An Aged Town of Curious Customs Atmosphere Spray

Ghastly secrets and terror-numb revelations: white mint, black amber, tallow, antediluvian woods, and sickly resins.

(For reference, I tested this as a linen spray)

This is mostly mint. Definitely the famous BPAL "white mint" note, with a strong background of very sweet amber.

There is just a hint of something earthy, almost a mineral note that I think is from the resins. It reminds me a bit of the long DC'ed Black Opal.

On the drydown, the woods give this a slightly masculine edge, and it smells a bit like a very expensive aftershave or cologne. Classy! I wouldn't mind my house smelling like this.

No sign of the tallow.

The throw is somewhat weak, but it find that common in mint blends. It is however, very long lasting.

If you enjoy other sweet BPAL mint blends like Tokyo Stomp, Snowblind, and Lick It, but long for something a little more sophisticated and less candy-like, this will be right up your alley. It is also great for people who miss Lantern Ghost of Oiwa.

White mint, hints of amber and resins. So this essentially smells like white mint, with an underbelly of minerally resins and earth. As dissipates, I get a touch of the tallow which I think just makes it ominous. But in general, this is a blast of white mint.

I splurged on a few Etsy atmos, and my naughtiness has been rewarded.  This is lovely.  It's a murky mint that reminds me a little bit of Cathode.  The other notes are not obvious, but they're there, lurking in the background to darken the fragrance and give it a subtle nuance of rotting, damp wood.  Still, this manages to be comforting and dips no toes (or tentacles) into aquatic territory.  This is a calm, mossy mint vs. sweet or bracing mint.  It will be very nice for when I'm trying to write, especially when my subject matter turns Antediluvian.  ;)