Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Valtiel

Coffee House?

Not sure if this has been asked, and if so? Please direct me to said thread? Thank you! Q.Q

I'm a huge Coffee drinker. I love the taste and the smell @.@ I am also an avid goer to my local cafe as VT tends to lean towards more "Go to local places for food and such than to big names!" Which helps the local economy. The local coffee house doesn't roast their own beans (yet!), but they get their beans from a local roaster as well as their foods and snacks from local bakers (they even bake too!), produce from local farmers and the farmer's market.

I digress though... I love the scents there! Of the baked goods, the Coffee that overpowers and tampers the foodie scents and just the warm glow of it all. I mean, it's a coffee house in a valley!

Any suggestions? I've already placed an order for Und wir dachten der toten. Mata Hari seems too floral-y for me. I've yet to try it though!

Thank you ahead of time!

Miskatonic University smells of spiked coffee and old books. Some batches that I've smelled have been more coffee scented than others.

If you can find it, Bah! is a wonderful coffee scent: "Thick Turkish coffee spiked with whiskey, with a little bit of mocha to soften the bitterness."

I am not a booze fan when it comes to scents, but this one doesn't give off a heavy booze note!!

You might also like these:

The Turkish Village: "Thick Turkish coffee, cardamom pods, Damascene roses, and buhur."

Pumpkin V 2009: "Pumpkin, chocolate, coffee bean, vanilla bean, and hazelnut."

Good luck!!!!!! :D

You might try the following.

Arabian Dance: Leather, coffee, hazelnut, tobacco, and Middle Eastern spices.

El Dia de los Reyes: Hot cocoa with cinnamon, coffee, and brown sugar. (especially this one)

El Dia de los Reyes is wonderful and one of my favorite cool weather scents.

It's not an oil, but if you can find some, the Post's Konditorei atmo spray is a coffee house in a bottle. Hot chocolate, Turkish coffee, strudel, and tarts are some of the notes.

I really like The Ta-Ta (Boiled leather, carnation blossom, coffee absolute, and tobacco), although that was an LE. A lot of people say they find it very similar to The Arabian Dance.

I wish the lab did more chocolate-, sugar- and pie-free coffee blends. *sigh*

If you can pumpkin, Pumpkin Latte (2010, I believe) was a pretty good coffee scent. It was too sweet for me, so was swapped away in 2011 but most of the pumpkin scents are too sweet for me.

The Ta-Ta is great if you don't amp florals (which I do) and like leather (which I do.) It smelled great on my spouse, on me it was all carnation all the time and spiked a migraine.

Miskatonic University is very good, if a little sweet.

I second the request for pie, chocolate, pastry, cake, milk, and so forth -free coffee scents! I want black coffee in a leather chair reading a book. Or black coffee on crunchy-leaved fall day. Though, to other people I probably already always smell like coffee, I drink enough of the stuff.