Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
HerbGirl

Funerailles

Cypress, red patchouli, hiba wood, bois de rose, white sandalwood, gunpowder green tea, polished ebony, and black orchid.

I really really like this, but I'm not able to describe it! The first two notes I recognize are green tea and cypress...they're gorgeous together! I smell just a hint of the red patchouli but only a bit to ground the ethereal tea/cypress blend. I don't usually like rosewood on my skin but I'm not smelling it here. As this dries down, the black orchid comes downstage for a bow...this is truly a beautiful perfume! Very complex yet extremely simple? I never would have thought I would love this, and I may want a bottle!

ETA and now this smells like a lighter version of TF Black Orchid (which is just fine with me) I love this!!!

ETA years later...22 Jun 2021: the rosewood is delightful with the patchouli, green tea and cypress. It still smells like a shadow of Tom Ford Black Orchid, and is light and beautiful.

Eta 29 Feb 2024- this is still so beautiful and unique. I love the rosewood with the cypress, hiba, black orchid and patchouli. Truly wonderful and worthy of being worn on a leap day 🙂

Edited by HerbGirl

On my skin wet: Starts out so strange! It's the ebony that's smelling of tomatoes I know. XD Oh well: sweet pulpy wood and a lot of green tea.

Drying down: Still lots of green tea I wish the orchid would show up. The tea is rather sharp and dry.

On my skin dry: This isn't a morpher it's still a sweet pulpy wood and green tea when it's dry. I amp tea hugely so ymmv.

This is definitely an odd duck of a blend. I get a sandalwood, green tea, and orchid.

In some ways, this reminds me to the Lupers (I think its the sandalwood + orchid + wood). It's a very sophisticated orchid blend.

Demure, sophisticated, orchid.

This is kind of sharp in the decant, but once it’s on - pretty! It starts out wet with cypress, patchouli and sandalwood. That fades as it dries, and then I’m wondering where the rose and violet came from! (I thought at first I’d mixed up which one I was testing, so I tried it on a different place… yep, that’s the one.) If I get my nose up close, it’s still green and incense-y. But the throw is all sweet/floral… I guess it’s the tea and orchid? Regardless, this one has personality.

Tested on the inside of my elbow since I tested Ossa Arida on my wrists earlier.

Ok, there's a lot of woody notes here, so I'm a little nervous about this one, but here goes:

In the imp: Woods and rose, but mostly wood

Wet on skin: Rose and....... lemon? That might be the green tea or one of the woods, but I'm not sure which. It makes it a very dark green scent.

Dried down: Yeah, I'm still getting a sense of lemon cleaning product

Throw: None, really. I have to sniff my elbow to get any scent, and when I do, it's lemon cleaner.

Verdict: ** 1/* Yeah, this isn't for me, at all, I think.

Urgh, the vetiver is rearing it's nasty head and dominating this blend. I do like vetiver, but in smaller doses. Come to think of it, I think there's some patch here as well, but that's pretty much the sum of the blend. Vetiver and patch, I would never wear this out, but as time goes on, I'm not minding it that much. I smell like a REALLY dirty hippie that's rolled around in last nights bonfire ashes. :lol: