Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Sign in to follow this  
Kattastrophe

Looking for something Ruby Guava?

I've been putting it off for awhile now...but finally taking the plunge and wanted to order a small pack of imps to try! I've already done alot of looking on the forums and so far have put together...

Katharina

Xiuhtecuhtli

The Lion

Shanghai

Night-Gaunt

I've got one more space to fill and I'd really like to find something similar to Ruby Guava? I've run into this general scent several times but my latest try belongs to Pacifica in their 'Hawaiian Ruby Guava'. I love it and it smells great, but it doesn't last more than an hour or two on me and barely that. I'd love to find something close to it, I used to live overseas and the smell just reminds me of growing up for some reason in SouthEast Asia and on the beaches. I've tried searching the forums and ran across guava in a few things....but it always seemed paired with something odd or that I thought would really overpower it. So no luck on my own, any help?

If no luck there, give me your last 'must try' suggestion. I'm a bit leery of scents that are really dark, but do like musks or heavier oriental scents alright. Definitely no baked goods or anything too 'sugary', when it comes to 'food' smells I'm definitely more fruits(citrus and more exotic fruits are a fav) or hard candy only. Heavy florals are a no, if I'm going in that direction I'm usually more into 'hyper-girlie' scents that are bright and energetic.

I'm not familiar with Ruby Guava, but Machu Picchu has tropical fruits in the list of notes, and it's one of my favorite fruity scents.

Sweet tropical fruits burst through deep, wet rainforest boughs, enormous steamy blossoms, over thin mountaintop breezes, mingled with the soft, rich golden scent of Peruvian amber.

Despite the 'steamy blossoms' I don't notice much in the way of florals in it, just fruits and amber.

Edited by Ahania

No guava suggestions from me, but a couple of fruity 'must tries'

Titania - A nocturnal bounty of fae dew-kissed petals and pale fruits: white grape, white peach, iced pear, musk rose, sweet pea, moonflower and snapdragon.

Twinkle Twinkle Little Bat - A sparkly, batty little scent: green tea, melon, mint, lime rind, and champagne grape with lemon balm, mullein, and toadflax.

Seconding Titania and Twinkle Twinkle Little Bat for girly fruity scents. Shoggoth's another good one in that family - it's kind of a floral tropical fruit salad to my nose. Odd, but fun.

another couple of fun fruity scents that don't get much love:

TWEEDLEDEE: Ridiculous! Kumquat, white pepper, white tea and orange blossom.

TWEEDLEDUM: Absurd! Green mango, fig, patchouli and green tea.

I can't do -dee because of the orange blossom, but Tweedledum is one of my favorite unusual fruit scents.

Some other good fruity/hard candy type scents to me (I can't do foodie or sugar blends at all) are Aglaea (sweet candied peach), and Aizen-Myoo ("Yuzu, kaki, and mikan with cherry blossom and black tea"). And if you end up liking Shanghai and are looking for other light citrusy tea scents, Embalming Fluid and Kumiho are both lovely.

Pet Magah Bird from the Yules had guava and other fruits...I haven't tried it personally, but the reviews seem to fit the light and fruity theme. Obviously this is an LE so it won't help with your order, but it seems like it might be up your alley.

Sign in to follow this