Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
thekittenkat

The Old Hall

A grove of ancient oaks and stone walls draped in climbing roses and twining ivy, caressed by gentle fingers of shimmering mist.

Many thanks to my lovely fairy for picking this up for me! :)

Sprayed on unscented Kleenex tissue for testing purposes.

When first sprayed, I get nothing but those ancient oaks. As the SO's house is surrounded by oaks, I know this scent well--woodsy and deep. Next, there is a blast of ivy, another scent that is familiar, as we have to hack down the ivy on a regular basis before it takes over the house. This ivy note is more autumnal in tone, though, a tad dryish. After a while, there's a hint, but only faintly, alas, of stone and rose. Not sure what the shimmering mist might be, but I suspect it's the light note that keeps this from being too autumnal and moves it into more of a late summer scent, when the plants are starting to dry up.

The label is of a dark old mansion at night, with only a few lights in the windows, which seem to be attracting moths/ghosts/fairies.

Also many thanks to my fairy :wub2:

I have sprayed this onto my sheets twice now so have been enjoying gentle wafts throughout the day as well as being engulfed by it during the night

First impression from The Beloved: roses

which led me to rereading the notes. Yes we have roses. And autumnal leaves from autumn lace. I am not getting much else but then my nose tends to find the labs blends really really well blended and I get impressions. I get a misty foggy gray enclosed garden? fields? dreary nonetheless with roses offering the promise of not dreary. Very evocative of the description

got a sniffie of this in a swap with a couple of sprays to spare! if i smell it right from the sprayer there is something a little stinky, though when you spray it that's not present at all. once sprayed, it smells like polished wood (lemony polish) and roses to me, with a little greenery from the ivy. it smells kind of fresh yet old fashioned at the same time, if that makes sense.

I get hints of roses, lemons, ivy and a hint of rocks. It's very atmospheric, fresh, but classic. There's again, a certain kind of mistiness. This smells like roses that fairies would pick.

If you like roses, and sort of wish that they didn't bully everything and we're thinking of fairy roses, I'd give this a whirl.

Fruity roses with a bit of stone & hint of bitter ivy. Very nice! This is my new favorite rose spray - not too perfumey or overly feminine. I keep spritzing it into the basement stairwell & then I notice it as I go up or down the stairs. My DH likes it, too.