Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Lycanthrope

Nymphia candies

For starry-eyed lovers:

NYMPHIA
White rose, apple blossom, mango, cucumber, coconut, and lavender.

Ok... so, turning my sniffer into my taste buds for a little bit!

These are well wrapped, little golden disks a touch smaller than traditional butterscotch discs.

So many notes, yet this comes across as a beautifully divine, honeyed floral. It tastes like I am eating sunshine and flowers.

The candies are pretty sweet, but awesomely complex. The dominant 'fruit' notes all behave well as they all seem to be a sweet coconut milk kissed with a touch of green (cucumber?). The rose, apple blossom and lavender are subtle but you can tell that they are present... especially if you have just let the candy sit for a while and after it has dissolved.

Quite amazing!

We need a constant edibles section on the BPTP, with very odd flavors! Because this is very intriguing - like eating perfume!

I have to second that this is a lot like eating a perfume. As potentially awful as that sounds, it's not at all. The predominant flavor for me is rose. I adore rose flavored foods and beverages, from teas to ice creams. It's delicate and light, not a smack you in the taste buds and knock you down kind of rose. The cucumber shows up more as a clean aftertaste than something in the candy while it's dissolving in the mouth. It's almost astringent without actually feeling drying. The sweetness of the candy is more of a fruity sweetness than straight up sugar. The lozenge takes its time dissolving and stays smooth on the tongue.

It's satisfying enough that one piece is plenty for one sitting. The other flavors blend well to the point that nothing stands out above the rose, but you can tell it's enhanced and supported. When I was a little girl a neighbor gave me some French candy I can't remember the name of. It was a rose candy, and this is evocative of that.

In bottle: Fascinating. The cucumber is surprisingly strong and blends with the rose in a way I didn’t expect. The mango is next strongest with the apple and coconut supplying fine support. The lavender is an unusual counterpoint to the other notes. This isn’t something I’d have thought of to combine, but oh is it lovely. The coconut is very soft at first but eventually passes the mango to become almost coequal with the rose and cucumber.

Rose, lavender, cucumber, and coconut have never tasted so sweet and delicious! Everything is floral...where you can taste a bit of each note and then just deliciously sweet. This is not something I would eat daily...but it does qualify as a special treat that deserves to be indulged in every once and a while.