Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!

Right out the bottle & on the skin I get that lovely patchouli! & It's a smelly kind, in a good way. Some dank patch lol. Anyways I also smell the white lavender & opium tar. I'm hoping with age the black orchid will become more prominent.

My bottles arrived two days ago. The original became my favorite, tied with The Mysterious Warning, from the first moment I tried it, fresh out of the mail, in 2013. I was so excited to be able to wear it again! 

This isn't it. 😪 This is really really nice, but only vaguely similar to the original because of the notes. The original slaps me in the face with patchouli and opium tar, some lavender and black orchid and dried down to a strong, beautifully blended version of those notes: it was a virtuoso. This? The notes are there, but in a different formula. The patchouli is barely there, there's a hint of lavender and maybe orchid if I try really hard to find it. The dry down is a hint of patchouli with a really light, but beautiful opium tar note. I would love any combination of these notes (and do), but for the folks who remember, loved and were hoping for the original: this is not even close to the same. I will compare this to the disappointment of the Dorian reformulation- it's very nice, but a completely different scent. 

Edited by HerbGirl