Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
fetish911

Moon of the Terrible

On New Year's Day
each thought a loneliness
as winter dusk descends

Desolation at the last moment in the gloaming on New Year's Day: winter snow with lavender, benzoin, lychee, starfruit, carrot seed, white iris, pale resins, and a cluster of melancholy, lachrymose lunar herbs and florals.

Wet i get a quick blast of lavender, lychee and florals. I tested this the day it came and its definitely a bit better now. Lychee on me reads as "perfumey" and is the dominate note in this blend, at least for me anyways. I love lavender scents but here it gets trampled by the lychee and florals and quickly leaves the party. I dont notice much of the labs snow note at all.
Dry its pretty much that pesky lychee and some non descript florals. I am not too crazy about this so far. I am sure it would be nice on someome else( i know others go wild for lychee), but my chemistry reeks it up :(
Later(much later) there is just a hint of a soft, pretty floral that is quite nice. Not worth tolerating the perfumey dry down to get here though. Doh! :ack: Edited by cupide430

I like this one, which surprises me. The main note seems to be the lychee, I guess, and the snow is something I more feel in my nose than smell (that seems to be the case with all snow notes for me). As it's drying I can start to smell the resins. I hate florals, but this seems very light and subtle. Keeper for me!

This smells absolutely nothing like I was expecting it to smell. I really thought this would be wintery and snowy smelling, but the lychee is really dominant on my skin. It reminds me strongly of the Chinese New Year scents, actually, because of that lychee note. As it dries, I can pick up the lavender faintly until, like a breath on the wind, it is gone. It's pretty, I'm not sure I need to keep it as I have a lot of similar scents in my collection.

If you like this, try Earth Ox, Fire Pig, or maybe Winter Solstice Lunar Eclipse....

Edited by Ellebelle

I managed to track down a decant of this one, curious about the benzoin, lychee, starfruit and carrot combo.. But this is mostly a blah citrus and sharp iris smell on me. Nondescript and perfumey citrus-floral.

Snow, lychee, and lavender.

Again, I find the composition of this one odd, and vaguely Asian in feel. I'm very pleased that one of the main notes I get is lychee, but it seems a weird juxtaposition against the snow and lavender notes.

Snowy, fruity, lavender.

ITB: Yum. Resin and lychee. Of course, lychee is my favorite note in the world, so this is made of win so far.

Wet: Lychee is still strongest, witch which I'm absolutely fine, then followed by starfruit, snow, and some carrot seed.

Dry: It's gorgeous, simply gorgeous. This will be my lychee-lavender-snow go-to from now on. It's fruity and cool.

This is the 2013 version. Quite similar at first to the previous incarnation, but less fruity lavender and more florally lavender. Dries to a soft, powdery lavender. I still like this, but I still have a bottle of the previous version. (I did go through one already). Similar enough not to bother with a new one.