Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Sign in to follow this  
coltostallion

Spicy but not Foody

I'm looking for some recommendations of sort of spicy smells. I adore Scherezade and No.93 Engine, but I don't generally like foody spice smells like cinnamon or cumin, So I haven't been able to quite put my finger on what sort of spices I'm liking. Any idea what my next smell trials should be?

One spice that doesn't smell particularly "foody" is Saffron - it's in No. 93 Engine (Edit - and in Scherezade, too). Other GC scents it's in include Oblivion and Kathmandu. Oblivion in particular has a spicy scent, but it's wood/incense-y rather than food-y.

Hope you find some other scents you like. :)

Edited by Cactus

Mama-Ji if you can find a decant, or Old Demons of the First Class if you get on with the other notes. I'd also suggest maybe Bengal, but I haven't skin tested that one as I can't wear cinnamon - wasn't foody in the imp though. :D

I would recommend The Hell of Great Heat (2012 Lupers: Indonesian patchouli, tonka bean, red musk, natural hedoine accord, black opium, cassis, styrax, costus, oakmoss, frankincense, and kief accord.)

Cassis can smell like cinnamon, just warning you. I have The Hell of Great Heat, I love it.

I would suggest Al Azif. Also Morocco, and Kubla Khan.

Sign in to follow this