Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
hlinspjalda

The Wars of Venus Bath Oil

The house at No. 140 is kept by Mrs. James, and is a very quiet parlor house, devoted to the wars of Venus.

Gird yourself for battle: sweet honey, French vanilla, honey myrtle, balsam of tolu, and rose otto.

I bought a bottle of this unsniffed because it's full of my notes of love. I was a little worried about the vanilla but figured the preponderance of other ingredients would keep the vanilla in check.

In the bottle: Honey mostly, but a very creamy, almost flat floral honey rather than a foody or sweet or herbal one. When I mixed it up into my usual sugar scrub concoction, it turned very dark as some of the honey scents do.

On my skin: Surprisingly, I get no balsam or rose at all from this. There's some vanilla, but mostly it's this extraordinary orchid-like honey: soft, smooth, and not in the least sticky. It reminds me of last summer's LE bath oil, Butterfly Nectar, only more subtle and not nearly as sweet. Magnificent!

Afterwards: As always, the base oil moisturizes my skin incredibly. Oddly, I am left with very little remnant of the scent on my skin. It's more like an augmentation of my skin's own natural fragrance than anything else. There's a tiny touch of the honey myrtle, a residual orchidy impression, and that's all until I get my nose right onto my skin, at which point there's something resinous. Still no rose, which really amazes me.

The scent of the bath oil hangs in the air for hours after my shower, perfuming the whole top of my house. I bought a second bottle because it's so beautiful!

I got a decant of this on a whim, as generally everything with rose spells fail-y doom on my skin, and I use the bath oils primarily as moisturizer. The name was just too awesome to pass up, and I tend to love everything honey.

However, just like the previous reviewer, I fortunately get pretty much no rose out of this.

It's definitely primarily a creamy floral honey scent that reminds me a bit of the honey hair gloss. Not overpoweringly sweet, and a bit vanilla. I found it pretty light, and it had very little scent after it soaked into my skin. I will happily use up the rest of my decant, but I think that's going to be enough for me. Worth seeking out if you like the Post's products with honey oil, and a lovely moisturizing oil as all of the Post bath oils are.

Creamy, floral honey. Very much like Butterfly Nectar - but less floral and perhaps a tinge more rosey?

In some ways, its a lighter version of O minus the amber and with a hint of vanilla.

I was very sad when I ran out of this bath oil. According to my notes in the bottle it smelled delightfully rosy but in the tub it smelled like honey. It was extremely faint on my skin post bath so more of a super nice pampering tub experience that didn't interfere with any perfume I might choose. Every time I reviewed it while it was in use I said it was disappointingly faint but then I really did get dismayed when I ran out.