Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Sign in to follow this  
spookybelle

Fresh Summery Flowery

This is my first post here, so...hi! :D

I spent a few hours browsing all of the amazing scents here at BPAL last night and now have a mile-long wishlist. But one thing I'm having a bit of trouble finding is a scent that'll please my fiance. I want a scent that'll make him sit up and take notice. I read the "Sexy, Smutty, Seductive, Provocative... It's All in Here" thread but I'm not sure if any of them really fit what his idea of a sexy scent is.

When I asked him, he said he likes:

• Scents that are fresh, summery, and flowery
  • Delicate and girly scents
  • Not into vanilla (or at least not a strong vanilla)
  • Any kind of flowers (he thinks they all smell the same, silly boy)
  • Fruity notes are "okay"
  • Prefers flowery over musky or spicy

I hope those are enough details. Figures all the scents I picked are very dark and musky and he likes the total opposite :rolleyes:

Thanks for any help and recommendations, everyone!

Your list sounds like exactly what my husband always prefers on me (except that he also likes vanilla). I don't have too many florals that I and my hubby have liked from bpal (bpal's florals just tend to not work as well on me as other companies), but you might want to check out some of these:

*Alice (Mad Tea Party) - "Curiouser and curiouser. Milk and honey with rose, carnation and bergamot. "

*Black Lily (Rappaccini's Garden) - has no note list, but smells like a sensual and realistic lily. It's one of the few florals from bpal that I really love. You also might want to check out Oleander Honey and Yellow Jessamine Honey in this category, as they are clean floral mixed with sweet honey.

*The Dormouse (Mad Tea Party) - "A dizzying eddy of four teas brushed with light herbs and a breath of peony."

*Fae (Bewitching Brews) - "A brilliant, ethereal scent: white musk, bergamot, heliotrope, peach and oakmoss."

*Glasgow (Wanderlust) - "The rich scent of wild blackberry breezing over gentle rosy heather."

*High-Strung Daisies (Mad Tea Party) - "Daisy, pink carnation, pink pepper, and sugar."

*Marie (Diabolus) - "A blend of sinuous violet and elegant tea rose: the chosen scent of France's Demigoddess of Debauch: Marie Antoinette."

*Night-Gaunt (Picnic in Arkham) - "Their scent of their slick, rubbery hides is bittersweet, ticklish, and skin-creeping: something akin to yuzu, white grapefruit, and kumquat mixed with the snow-dusted flowers of Mount Ngranek."

*The Rose (Marchen) - "The promise of a rose: red rose petals, fresh sap, and the sharp green scent of stem and leaf."

*Slippery Poppy Tincture (Pharmacopoeia)- "Poppy flowers, acai berry and honey."

*Zephyr (Bewitching Brews) - "A gentle white scent, breezes laced with the scent of springtime blooms and citrus. Lemon, lemon verbena, neroli, white musk, white florals, white sandalwood, China musk, bergamot and a drop of vanilla."

And, as Mountaingrrl already mentioned, the ladies in the Illyria category are mostly fresh, girly florals.

Some unimpables I'd suggest are Pandy (Fresh white musk, honeycomb, sweet apricot, elemi, orange blossom, and mischievous pink pepper) and Alcie (bright nectarine, honey, sandalwood, green musk, sea buckthorn berry, and oakmoss),from the Pandora section, and also Lady Una (Honey musk, green tea leaf, blackberry leaf, vanilla bean, and fae spices) or The East (bluebonnet, passion flower, freesia, jasmine tea, mint, thyme, and redcurrant) from the Neil Gaiman/Stardust section. The vanilla & spices in Lady Una are very muted I find.

Edited by ReallyZeb

Sign in to follow this