Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
violetblue

Bourbon Vanilla Massage Oil

Deceptively sweet: bourbon vanilla oleoresin and benzoin resinoid.

This is a gorgeous bourbon vanilla, with, like the bath oil, has some sort of sarsaparilla, but not wintergreen at all, smell to it - it must be the other notes I am not familiar with in this base. Either way, it's not sickeningly sweet or uber vanilla, but a pleasant almost earthy vanilla (?) Very different and very pretty. Way to go lab.

ETA:I hope this can resurface one of these days? It's all gone and I miss it!

Edited by violetblue

Actually, not too sweet! The right man could get away with this. This is slightly woody, resinous vanilla, not at all foody. On first application it feels like the vanilla in TKO, but it settles to be quite similar to Tombstone, though not as woody or sasparilla-ish. It's quite subtle and sits close to the skin, not punch-you-in-the-nose like the TKO massage oil. I like it! I'll probably wear it more as a perfume than use it for massages. ;)

I was hoping for the woodsy, resinous vanilla that others have mentioned, but I get super foody vanilla from this! It smells like delicious, slightly buttery, vanilla frosting. Different than what I expected, but still amazing!

Hm. Sometimes I get a bit of ~anise from vanilla, and that's definitely here, too. I get alternating anise and sassafras for awhile, and just when I think it's destined for the swaps box, it settles down into a faint, TKO-type vanilla. I'm a little disappointed that it's not the vanilla I had in mind when I ordered it, but I think it's a relaxing vanilla that is appropriate for a massage oil.

This is pure vanilla heaven in a bottle. Unlike the Bath Oil, I do not detect any sassafrass/sarsparilla in the Massage Oil. Earthy is a great word to describe this vanilla...almost edible-smelling, but sophisticated at the same time. Decadent.

Boozy, woodsy vanilla with a hint of anise. Not sure where the anise is coming from but it lends this licorish bit of edge to the blend.