Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
MadameFaye84

What scents blend well with Japanese Cherry Blossom?

Hello all! Still being fairly new when it comes to the lovely scents of BPAL I wanted to ask you all which scents you think would either blend well with or compare to Bath and Body Works Japanese Cherry Blossom. Want to be able to layer a scent over the lotion without it getting lost or clashing with it.

Here are the notes I found that are in B&B Japanese Cherry Blossom:

Top Notes: Asian Pear, Fuji Apple

Middle Notes: Japanese Cherry Blossom, Butterfly Lily, Kyoto Rose, Mimosa Petals, Hedione

Base Notes: Vanilla Rice, Imperial Amber, Silk Musk, Cinnamon Incense, Himalayan Cedarwood, Creamy Sandalwood

I find that I adore woody, floral, and warm spicy scents. Any and all suggestion would be greatly loved :)!

I have heard people say that spirit of the komachi cherry tree is comparable but that wasn't so on my skin.

For me, oddly enough, it was Follow Me Boy that seemed both blendable and comparable. (to my nose that oil is better if aged a little).

Of course, I will add that I have weird skin chemistry (many things turn woody on me).

That was my favorite fragrance before discovering bpal :)

You could also check out Defututa, Dragon's Blood, maybe Dragon's Milk, and I think the new lupers have some yummy cherry blossom scents. Also- maybe you could layer it with something honey- based, I think that would be great.

Good luck :D

- oh, also I think Love Me could possibly work.

Edited by JasminDreams2010

I had a hair oil that had similar notes as your perfume, just not as strong. I added an imp of Hunger (Black narcissus, orange blossoms, and vanilla) to the oil, and it smelled amazing and worked well with the Asian feel.

I guess that you could like Hunger on its own because it is a soft vanilla floral. :)

51 is a great choice if you like fruity-floral over a musky-woody base (Luminescent, glowing, and otherworldly: green mandarin, neroli, honeydew, white amber, guava, freesia, white and green musks hovering over desert scrub, smashed wood, and the dry, biting scent of night air over the Groom Lake salt flats). It's an awesome high-class perfumey blend to me.

I am sure there are many LEs (Lupercalia or even from the "Halloween Apples") that have fruity-floral notes with an Asian or simply bright spring feel to them. :D

I'm not familiar with that B&BW fragrance, but I think the best cherry blossom scent I've found in BPAL would have to be Voyeurs Among the Cherry Blossom, which came out with the 2009 Lupercalia collection. The notes are soft moss, vanilla musk, and cherry blossom, and you can find reviews here.

It doesn't have any pear or apple, which are probably quite present in the B&BW blend if they're listed as top notes - it's just a lovely soft/smooth cherry blossom scent - not overly sweet or 'fake' smelling at all and the 'soft moss' gives it a slightly woodsy feel - so I think would work beautifully as a layer over or companion to your B&BW fragrance. I know it's bad form to recommend a Limited Edition blend, and that one may be a bit tricky to find because it is quite sought-after, but I'm sure you could track down at least a decant to try if you hunt through the For Sale area here on the forum :smile:

The Phoenix In Spring, a more recent LE (notes are dandelion florets, cherry blossom, spring wildflowers, and myrrh) also got good reviews for its cherry blossom but I haven't tried that one myself. Reviews are here.

In the GC range, you might want to check out Kyoto (a gentle, soothing blend of cherry blossom, white sandalwood and star anise) for a nice dusky cherry blossom blend, and also maybe Aizen-Myoo (yuzu, kaki, and mikan with cherry blossom and black tea) which has a nice tangy fruit element. For layering something completely different that would work nicely with the cherry blossom in the BB&W blend, you could look at Morocco for a touch of spice or Lyonesse for a nice soft amber.

I hope that helps - good luck finding The One! :smile:

Hello all! Still being fairly new when it comes to the lovely scents of BPAL I wanted to ask you all which scents you think would either blend well with or compare to Bath and Body Works Japanese Cherry Blossom. Want to be able to layer a scent over the lotion without it getting lost or clashing with it.

Here are the notes I found that are in B&B Japanese Cherry Blossom:

Top Notes: Asian Pear, Fuji Apple

Middle Notes: Japanese Cherry Blossom, Butterfly Lily, Kyoto Rose, Mimosa Petals, Hedione

Base Notes: Vanilla Rice, Imperial Amber, Silk Musk, Cinnamon Incense, Himalayan Cedarwood, Creamy Sandalwood

I find that I adore woody, floral, and warm spicy scents. Any and all suggestion would be greatly loved :)!

I used to adore Japanese Cherry Blossom! I remember one Christmas several years ago, I received almost every JCB-scented product that the store had, including a really lovely eau de parfum. :luv2: I have found that Dragon's Milk smells very, very similar on my skin. It has the same vanilla/cherry blossom fragrance that I love so much.

Hope that helps a bit! :)

Oddly enough, on drydown Lysander is almost identical to JCB on my skin, though the notes aren't very similar. Something about the creamy, woodsy lilac just reminds me of it.

Thank you for all the suggestions thus far. Now I have the hard task of picking which ones to get as samples in my next order :D. Please add more suggestions as you think of them. Thanks for the help <3.