Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!

The muted flame of in-between time, the stillness of the gloaming: blue chamomile, green tea, Spanish moss, champaca flower, white sage, jonquil, wisteria, and white honey. This Phoenix embodies the strange beauty of the dreamscape, the force of the imagination, and the power of the spirit.

I picked up this decant from a generous forumite mostly for the herby/mossy notes, and as luck would have it, what I'm getting is wet, pungent florals, at least on the initial application. The combination of champaca, jonquil, and wisteria is more heady, sexy floral than old-lady floral, at least to my nose, and the wet stage is almost *too* intense and heady for me. But it mellows out beautifully on the drydown and the green tea note balances it all out and makes it (as Heavenlyrabbit points out) a laid-back sort of sexiness. It's still firmly in the "floral" camp which means I'll probably reach for it on days when I'm feeling more conventional (or trying to present myself as such). But I'll definitely use up the decant.

ITB: I get lots of Spanish moss, chamomile, jonquil, champaca flower, and a touch of honey. Of course, I'm apprehensive about the honey since my skin turns it into something awful.

Wet: It's floral, faintly sweet, and oddly spicy on my wrist - jonquil here is strong, but not overpowering the moss, safe, chamomile, and wisteria. There is a touch of honey, but it isn't enough to make me wash it off my wrist.

Dry: It seems to dry faster than some of the other oils from BPAL that I have. It's faintly floral, with wisteria being the most dominant floral (although still extremely subtle). I also get a touch of sage, tea and chamomile. The honey is there, but it seems to support the notes rather than vie for attention.

I smell mostly green tea, chamomile, and honey.  It’s a waxy honey, not too sweet. It smoothes and subdues the tea notes.  I thought there was lavender as well, but I guess not  A lovely blend for calm relaxation or sleep, I adore it.