Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
whataboutprom

The Two-Tailed Sogg

Pink grapefruit, swamp moss, green musk, orris root, cypress, and honey.

In the bottle: Honeyed grapefruit and orris, and what I imagine to be a tinge of crisp green musk.

Wet: Lots and lots of grapefruit with honey. It's very bright and a little bit sweet - beautiful, glittering and exciting. The cripsness isn't all grapfruit, but does have a fresh, green quality to it so it must be the musk. The orris is soft and pretty in the background. The honey lends a subtle sweetness that's a bit sultry/sexy without being very perceptible. The barest hint of down-and-dirty to this glittering perfume.

Dry: A lot of orris with a bit of honeyed grapefruit. The grapefruit and green musk have become very gentle, and accent the dominant orris. It reminds me of something my grandma smelled like long ago - like flowers and sunshine and kindness.

Yay grapefruit! Sadly, Two-Tailed Sogg quickly turns to powdery-orris-powdery-honey. And cypress. Too bad.

Sniffed: A huge blast of lush, effervescent grapefruit!

On skin: This scent is intensely green. Juicy, dewy grapefruit is dominant, but it's dried out by fuzzy green musk (the same note is in 51 too), and embellished by the unique green scents of cypress and swamp moss. Honey is thankfully non-existent. The Two-Tailed Sogg is full-bodied but dry and soft, a bouncy, exuberant blend that just stops short of being saccharine or artificial. It's quite similar to 51, albeit it's dry where 51 is lush and dewy-wet. evokes the olfactory feeling I get just after sinking my teeth into an exceptionally juicy and sweet melon. Colour impression is vivid emerald green touched with blue.

Verdict: What a pleasing, happy scent! It's a bit excessively sweet, and definitely not "my kind" of scent, but I appreciate The Two-Tailed Sogg's exuberance and cheeriness that is certainly one-of-a-kind.

This is such an interesting combination of notes. On me, I get grapefruit body powder. Honey often does this to me in the early stages. I also get some of the musk. It's soft and surprisingly pretty. Depending how this warms up, I may let my daughter have my tester. She's only just going to be 7 but she's already a BPAL convert ^_^ As it warms, I get more of the moss and musky notes along with the tangy grapefruit and powdery honey. Oh blah, it's gone completely baby powder :sad:

Honeyed greenery with an edge of citrus. Then, wet, honey powder and some funky-smelling orris and moss. This is smelling a bit sweaty, tbh, not a fan. On the drydown, it loses the dirtiness and takes on more of a floral musk, but it's still sort of powdery and dull. I think I'll pass.

This one turns rancid very quickly on me, I'm not sure if it's the grapefruit(? but it starts out so promising though, all fizzy and sweet) or something else entirely - swamp moss? green musk? cypress? These are notes I don't have much experience with, but going by what other reviews said, they are likely candidates. It's like a hidden layer underneath the pink fizz, but on the drydown, damn does it have some serious throw! My skin is amping this sour stench like mad, it's like this sour sweaty socks smell urggh, going to wash it off now. That said, I do have a bad track record with bpal's citruses - namely Schroedinger's cat.

Edited by pommelo