Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
KittyHawk

Desperately Seeking Dill

Hi, y'all. I did a search and came across this topic for herbes de Provence scents, but I'm looking for something more specific. Mods, if you feel this is better suited for that thread, feel free to merge. :)

Thanks in part to a rerun of a Good Eats episode on pickles, I wanted to see if any of you lovelies could think of a BPAL scent that has dill in it. I put dill on everything and it's one of the only herbs in my garden that didn't die a horrible death. I know there are some really lovely herbal scents out there, but any with a fairly prominent dill note? :wub2:

Have you ever tested anything with vetiver in it?

Vetiver turns into dill on me, I don't know why. :P

Have you ever tested anything with vetiver in it?

Vetiver turns into dill on me, I don't know why. :P

Huh, that's interesting! I think the only one I've tried with vetiver in it is Highwayman, and it just smells smoky to me. :lol: My nose is still woefully untrained, though. I'll make a point to try a few other vetiver blends just in case Highwayman is the anomaly! :P

Well, yes, it is smokey on me too at first. But try to give it some time and keep sniffing. On me at least it morphs after 30 min. :)

I also know it does not smell like dill, but since I also love the smell of dill (scent sister!), I could/would recommend Van Van.. it has a similar sweet-herbal smell that I find very compelling!

Yay, scent sisters! I've heard good things about Van Van, but that moves it right to the top of the list. Thanks for all the help! :hug:

Greed. It was straight up polish dill pickle to me.

:lol: At least it stays green, right? Thanks, I'll give that a shot.

You could try Antony (reviews here) - the notes are ambergris and frankincense with sage and basil but I find it has a very dill-like smell to it. I also remember picking up a dill-like smell from Black Cat. You could also check Envy, Loup Garou and Delphi - those all had a hint of dill to my nose.

A lot of people mention a 'dill pickle' smell to certain BPALs, but I'm not sure that's what you're after! Dill itself is not something I've encountered in many blends, so good luck in your search! :smile:

Kostnice really smells like dill on me, but I think it's discontinued now...

I think you're right; I'll have to see if I can hunt down a sample. Thank you! :)

You could try Antony (reviews here) - the notes are ambergris and frankincense with sage and basil but I find it has a very dill-like smell to it. I also remember picking up a dill-like smell from Black Cat. You could also check Envy, Loup Garou and Delphi - those all had a hint of dill to my nose.

A lot of people mention a 'dill pickle' smell to certain BPALs, but I'm not sure that's what you're after! Dill itself is not something I've encountered in many blends, so good luck in your search! :smile:

Thanks for all the recs, sunshine! I actually have an imp of Antony lying around somewhere; I'll try it today! I am indeed looking for a fresh dill scent, not a vinegary pickled dill, though I didn't have high hopes for the former. I do now! Lots to add to my wishlist, woo hoo! :joy:

:lol: I have had that dill-pickle scent pop up, and it was not a nice experience! ;) I think it happens to me when scents go sour on my skin that are not meant to go sour! :P

Garden Path With Chickens, from the salon is probably your best bet. Notes are:

Damp grass, ivy leaves, morning glory, daisy, rose geranium, heliotrope, white gardenia, climbing roses, peppery nasturtium, phlox, begonia, verbena and sun-warmed herbs.

The only scent that ever gone dill pickle on me is Pulcinella and Terasina.

:lol: I have had that dill-pickle scent pop up, and it was not a nice experience! ;) I think it happens to me when scents go sour on my skin that are not meant to go sour! :P

I have yet to experience that; I hope I never do! :P

Garden Path With Chickens, from the salon is probably your best bet. Notes are:

Damp grass, ivy leaves, morning glory, daisy, rose geranium, heliotrope, white gardenia, climbing roses, peppery nasturtium, phlox, begonia, verbena and sun-warmed herbs.

The only scent that ever gone dill pickle on me is Pulcinella and Terasina.

Oooh, thanks, paperrose! That sounds really pretty, even if I don't end up getting dill out of it. <3