Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!

Skin musk, slick black leather and wet latex with dark myrrh, patchouli, opoponax.

It smells exactly like A Blot Upon the Earth on me... opoponax amping, I suppose?

I bought a bottle of this unsniffed on the strength of the notes.

In the bottle: Patchouli, myrrh, and something clovelike. I could love this.

Wet: So far, so good.

Half an hour: More myrrh than anything else. There's still something sharply pungent and clovelike, but it is kept in check by the resinous notes. There is patchouli, slightly mentholated. I have the impression it is going to go sweeter as it ages on my skin.

End of day: This stayed true and tasty all day, with myrrh and patchouli and something clovey. The leather never showed up, and it never went sweet the way skin musk sometimes does.

This has been the best of all the .Goth scents I've tried.

"I don't care, Marya Morevna. Kiss him. Take him to your bed, and the vila, too, for all it matters to me. Do you understand me, wife? There need never be any rules between us. Let us be greedy together; let us hoard. Let us hit each other with birch branches and lock each other in dungeons; let us drink each other's blood in the night and betray each other in the sun. Let us lie and lust and take hundreds of lovers; let us dance until snow melts beneath us. Let us steal and eat until we grow fat and roll in the pleasures of life, clutching each other for purchase. Only leave me my death — let me hold this one thing sacred and unmolested and secret — and I will serve you a meal myself, served on a platter of all the world's bounty. Only do not leave me, swear that you will never leave me, and no empress will stand higher. Forget the girls in the factory. Be selfish and cruel and think nothing of them. I am selfish. I am cruel. My mate cannot be less than I. I will have you in my hoard, Marya Morevna, my black mirror.” ― Valente, Deathless

Because when I wear this scent, I become Marya Morevna. I am bold and beautiful, compelling and addictive. I am pain and pleasure and passion. I am darkness and desire. Deeply hypnotic shimmering resins, a tantalizing taste of spice, the feral abandon of patchouli, the aching lustful desire of musk, and the corrupted slap of dark leather.

A stunning work of art in scent.

In the imp: Sweet and floral. This is REALLY pretty!

Wet on skin: Ooh, I'm getting incense, with a touch of leather. I think the incense is coming from the myrrh or patchouli.

Dried down: incense softened by leather. Oh. Yes.

Throw: The incense lingers in my nose a little, but otherwise, I just get the faintest whiff of scent as I type.

Verdict: ***** Damn. I need a bottle of this.

ITB: It's resinous and leathery, like incense smoldering on black leather - myrrh, opoponax, a dab of patchouli on damp skin. Oh, this could be dangerous!

Wet: Latex oddly enough comes out as the stronger note on my skin, followed by opoponax, then leather, then myrrh. Skin musk starts to come through as the scent begins to dry.

Dry: Leather, latex, myrrh, opoponax, myrrh and musk. It's sweet, resinous, and darkly alluring. Yummy!

At first this is like myrrh, myrrh, and more myrrh. Then finally after about an hour the leather starts to peak out, but it's subtle. And every now and then I think I can smell latex, but then I'm looking for it. Although I'd personally wish for more leather (as usual ;) ), it's a beautiful blend. Very similar to Minotaur in my opinion also.

Was gifted some of this to try <3. The leather and latex scare me a bit, but all these other notes are totally right up my alley!

Wet: Oooh. Very Myrrh dominant, with a hint of Opoponax. It's warm and almost spicy.

Dry: This is all warm, rich Myrrh, and almost spicy opoponax on me. I quite like it, but will have to have a good think about whether I wanna take on the challenge of finding some more.

I had a sniffie of this and I got layer upon layer of sweet resins (myrrh, patchouli, opoponax) and also a bit of hairspray scent. Oh and skin musk, i.e. sex smell lol.  (Think O.)  No leather on me! Super hot -- I’ll have to keep my eye out if more than a sniffie’s worth is ever available.