Invidiana

The Path of Dreams Atmosphere Spray

bptp-ononokomachi.gif

THE PATH OF DREAMS

Although I come to you constantly

over the roads of dreams,

those nights of love

are not worth one waking touch of you.

Wisteria, ti, peach tree leaf, osmanthus, hinoki wood, bergamot, night-blooming jasmine, and ume blossoms.

(Ono No Komachi. Translation by Kenneth Rexroth.)

Oh yes, this is a cousin to my beloved Sakura. :wub2: Lots and lots of dreamy wisteria to send you floating off to dreamland, backed up by a bit of jasmine that doesn't turn into cat pee because it doesn't have to contend with my chemistry this time, just my sheets. The jasmine reminds me of the perfumed night air in Greece where jasmine grows wild. I smell predominantly smell wisteria and jasmine, though they must be there because I do sense other florals I'm not identifying right now. The bergamot stays nice and subdued; just the slightest hint is evident, not overpowering bitter bergamot. There is also really soft woody undertone from the hinoki wood which balances out the florals perfectly. Overall this is an ethereal, otherworldly scent and absolutely lovely.

Path of Dreams starts with a huge blast of jasmine and wisteria. I feel like it fades from the air pretty fast. On fabric, the ume and bergamot are revealed, and maybe a hint of wood. My first impression was of sadness and jasmine, but as I gave it more time, it became less sad and less jasmine and I like this quite a bit more than I expected.

On first spray, this is STRONG floral perfume. I left the room for awhile, as it was a bit too much, and started sneezing. I was at a loss to describe the florals that I was smelling until Invidiana described this like Sakura, I think it was from a couple of years back. I wasn't a fan of Sakura on me, but don't mind it as a room spray once it settled down a bit. A little does go a long way here! I'll enjoy this when it is too hot to light candles.

I love Sakura, and I can kinda see some similarities between this and Sakura, but The Path of Dreams is more sharp and perfumey, and a little too floral for me. It's sort of like the perfumey jasmine that I didn't enjoy in Cathouse, mixed with some cleaner floral notes. I'm not a big fan of perfumey/sharp florals, so I probably won't get much use out of this one.

omg this is so dreamy :heart:

I love Wisteria in the air :P but also Ume blossoms, a lot! this is so good, so soft, so Japanese :wub:

I will put it in my curtains and on my bed and everywhere in the house

so that it will totally smell like a real Japanese garden around here :lol:

This one is a dreamy, wispy wisteria with a few other soft blossoms thrown in. I get just a bare touch of jasmine. It's cool, asian, and very dreamy.