Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
hazakaza

Holiday Stress Relief Massage Oil

HOLIDAY STRESS RELIEF
Relax, revive, restore.

Peppermint, spearmint, geranium bourbon, lavender, clary sage, white amber, juniper berry, laurel leaf, coriander, opoponax, and mandarin.

Almond oil, refined rice bran oil, fractionated coconut, rosehip seed oil, Lavandula angustifolia, Juniperus communis, Salvia sclarea, Pelargonium graveolens, evening primrose, vitamin E, and our Black Phoenix Alchemy Lab perfume blend.

WOW. This stuff is PUNCHY! If you don't want a strongly scented massage oil, this is NOT the stuff for you. This could be a perfume oil all on it's own, and I love that.

I typically don't go for peppermint--Spooky, for example, is not quite my cup of tea, and I don't like any of the candy-cane type scents. The spearmint, here, is pretty dominant; the peppermint contributes some astringency, but it's mostly the sweeter, more herbal, more green mint to my nose. The sage, juniper, and lavender all got married to the mint plant. It's a very complex, well-married scent that really sticks to you and holds tight. As it wears down (on my hands and arms) it opens up and gets a bit warmer and creamier, probably from the geranium bourbon and coriander. If you are looking for mint valhalla, this might just be it. For what it's worth, I mixed a bit of this into my conditioner, and my whole bathroom ended up scented, not to mention my hair. It really opened up my sinuses and relaxed me. I think a backup is in order!

I'm sososo happy that Holiday Stress Relief was put in a more affordable massage oil form this year. The massage oil is strong on me, somehow even stronger than the perfume oil version. I can wear this as a perfume and it lasts for about six hours and has decent throw, which makes me insanely happy, because I love this scent. Oddly, I get a little more lavender and amber from the bath oil, and this smells a bit smoother and not as geranium heavy on me as the perfume oil. It's still mostly geranium, just not quite as intense somehow, a bit sweeter and softer. The mint adds a bit of sweetness to the spicy herbal geranium and the lavender smooths out the edges. So pretty and calming <3. I'm very glad to have a bottle of this and wonder if I should have ordered two or three...

ETA: It is a good thing that I didn't order backup bottles of this, because this went off and very sour before I could use up the whole thing (which didn't happen with the perfume oil version). I wound up pitching the rest of the bottle.

Edited by Little Bird

Relaxation in a bottle. This is like Lush's Aura Suavis on steroids. In a good way. Mint and lavender plus two of my favorite aromatherapy oils: clary sage and geranium. It's strong and a little sinus-clearing, but I think that's part of the reason I like it. It tells my brain in no uncertain terms to settle down and be still for a minute.

I can't explain how thrilled I am to have this in massage oil form. I agree with others that is predominantly mint followed by geranium, lavender and clary sage. I love how the scent combination is mind numbing, sinus clearing, headache relieving and so much more. The massage oil will allow me to wear as perfume and give my bottle of oil a break. :wub2:

strong

mint, lavender?, juniper, sage and more corriander is an odd spice, but still works

the mix is something that can help relax (even though it may not seem like it on first sniff - and it will open your sinuses), but with how strong it is, I would save it for when you really need it. or get the bath oil and have it diluted with a tub of water for a couple drops lol