Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
LunaLovegood

The Elephantine Colossus

Seaside hanky panky: a strumpet’s red musk with a merry splash of root beer, a swirl of exotic pipeweed, and a whiff of sweets carrying over from the boardwalk.

Mmm, this is almost exactly what I imagined it would smell like! It's a bit like red musk frosting. With root beer froth (specifically froth-- it's a very airy root beer)….snipped...

I can't believe I haven't reviewed this one yet, it's one of my favorite scents. :wub2:

Out of the bottle this is a red musk single note. Once applied, the red musk gives way to sweet sarsaparilla, cookies, candy and popcorn. The dry down is a slightly spicy, cookie-like red musk. Alderys description is spot on, "Red musk frosting with root beer froth". I'm SO glad I have a bottle of this. wub.gif

This one went weirdly sickening on me. Something in it reminded me of being queasy asmes I had to wash it off. I did not smell root beer, just sickly sweet yuckiness, sorry!

I managed to track down a decant of this.

In the decant: Mostly red musk with a bit of root beer and a buttered popcorn sort of smell in the background.

On my skin: I got a bit of a smoky scent for a moment, then more of the popcorn. Still getting red musk as the primary note. The smoke is more incense-like than tobacco-like to me.

I'm still getting a popcorn-type smell as it dries, but it's not buttery really - more like corn kernels popped in an air popper. Red musk, a little bit of incense, and popcorn kernels. I'm not getting anything "sweet" really, nor do I smell the root beer on my skin.

I'm glad I got to try this but I was hoping for more root beer and sweets; I don't think I need more than a decant of it.

Wet: Red musk and popcorn! Or something buttery. Which is kind of amazing. I'm getting hints of all kinds of different yummy things. It kind of smells like Midway mixed with red musk, which is sort of what I was hoping for! Though I am hoping the root beer and tobacco come out a bit more, but I seriously love this.

Dry: Red musk overtop of boardwalk/fair food. It's pretty awesome. A sexy gourmand. Really glad I tracked down a bottle!

ETA: Testing this again today - I had originally thought it reminded me of Midway with red musk, but actually, it reminds me more of Eat Me with root beer and red musk. AWESOME.

Edited by LizziesLuck

OMG. I layered this beauty, with Nightmarchers v5 from the night before, and it is super-aged Snake Oil, all day long .. x10.

I AM IN LOVE. just BPAL MAGIC. I need a couple more bottles of both of these, to sock away in a drawer somewhere and hoard them. :)