Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Gwydion

Black Hellebore Honey

In the imp: I probably should have decided to test Black Hellebore first, since I have an imp of it. It reads as an herbal, green scent with a bite to my nose, and there's a coolness to it.

Wet: An herbal honey, with the aforementioned coolness being very present on my skin. It doesn't smell like mint, and doesn't have a cooling effect on my skin, but when inhaled, that aspect of it is very strong. The honey itself is golden and heady.

Dry: The cool aspect of the black hellebore is rather faint now, leaving behind a pale herbal, floral honey, with the floral aspect (primarily the peony) becoming more prominent over time. This one stays close to the skin.

Verdict: This one is pleasant, but it isn't one that I could see myself wearing. That said, I'm glad that I was able to try it.

I do not have an imp of Black Hellebore, but I swapped for dementia_divine's Black Hellebore Honey. I quite like the apiary scents -- they don't all work for me, but they have good wear length and are excellent daytime scents that could easily be worn to work. Black Hellebore Honey to me is a straw-colored honey and a dark, herbal floral. I'm not getting the mint that many reviewers have mentioned, which would probably not work well on my skin.

Although it's rather nice, this isn't my favorite apiary scent -- Oleander Honey is the best on me so far, though I haven't tried them all. And I recently received a bottle of Against Idleness and Mischief, my favorite GC springtime honey scent, so I will probably pass this imp on.

Sharp fig honey, if that makes sense. It's like someone put some honey and something green/herbal in a bowl and added a bunch of chilipowder. Might sound bad but it's honestly not. The honey is melting over a wilting flower. 

Make whatever you want of that. :P

I have a bunch of different Rappaccini's Apiary imps from many moons ago (10+ years) that I never tested, so here goes.

This one inexplicably smells like LUSH's You Snap the Whip plus honey throat lozenges. So, there may be cassis in this? There is a sort of rubbery medicinal aspect to it. Herbal and lightly fruity rather than floral.