Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
izile

Outdoor Events

It's July 4th. I'm throwing a cookout in my backyard. . . I have 4 hours to figure out what BPAL to wear!

ACK!

Last time, my natural inclination was to go along with the kind of clean, crisp, plant-y thing and I wore Enchanted Florists, but it was just so soft it completely disappeared.

I am also considering starting with a Snake Oil Bath Oil base (as there may or may not be persons unmentioned at this gathering whom I might want to smell very yummy to).

----

Also, may start going on weekly picnics to see movies in the park with a guy friend whom I know LOVES my BPAL habit. I've ALMOST got him enabled, so suggestions for that too.

Basically, what do you wear/suggest when you know you're mostly going to be outside, and possibly around a lot of people?

It's July 4th. I'm throwing a cookout in my backyard. . . I have 4 hours to figure out what BPAL to wear!

ACK!

Last time, my natural inclination was to go along with the kind of clean, crisp, plant-y thing and I wore Enchanted Florists, but it was just so soft it completely disappeared.

I am also considering starting with a Snake Oil Bath Oil base (as there may or may not be persons unmentioned at this gathering whom I might want to smell very yummy to).

----

Also, may start going on weekly picnics to see movies in the park with a guy friend whom I know LOVES my BPAL habit. I've ALMOST got him enabled, so suggestions for that too.

Basically, what do you wear/suggest when you know you're mostly going to be outside, and possibly around a lot of people?

i always liked midway for 4th of july - if you have that one....

I say Green Tree Viper: snake oil meets dorian and makes love to a mint leaf...

ACK!

----

I'm always a fan of Yggdrasil for the out-of-doors (though not necessarily for the lots-of-people component; I don't do outdoors-with-lots-of-people usually, so I don't have a predetermined bpal for that. :) )

I like to go with nature scents when outdoors a lot. The Host of the Air would be a good one (if you like grassy scents) or Strawberry Moon '09. The latter is my default scent when going to an outdoor event! :wub2:

I was going to say Illustrated Woman (because you also mentioned Snake Oil, and the Lady is a scent of raw sexuality!), but I also like the idea of Strawberry Moon =) The Moon doesnt have much throw on me though, where the Lady most definitely gets some attention.

We have sweaty outdoor events every other day in baltimore it seems, and it is a smoggy, humid city. It is definitely hard to find perfumes that throw and keep in this kind of weather but with my recent addiction, bpal, i have found 2 thus far that work!

night gaunt, it earthy, damp and has the kumquat, white grapefruit and yuzu and there is just something alluring about the "snow-dusted flowers of Mount Ngranek" which make it fancy and super fresh, seems to wear only 4 hours on me though

london, holy fresh and clean tea rose, i guess you have to like rose to wear this but honestly, around all the sweaty folks i always get told i smell pretty, and fresh, and it wears for 6 hours or so. it has a definite tea and rain note i detect and it is just beautiful.

I also am not the kind of girl that usually goes to fresh, or citrus scents, i just got these as samples and fell in love and bought night gaunt immediately and London is on my next bill for sure.