Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Sign in to follow this  
sunshinedaisybliss

ICD23

Thanks to the very lovely Klepz for sending me a decant of this one!

Sniffing from the vial, it's all fresh green juiciness. Once applied, the first thing I notice is a slight earthiness - not quite 'dirt' as such, but definitely something organic. About five minutes in, and that earthiness starts to fade and the juicy green-ness that I smelt in the vial comes out - the initial stage of this is slightly soapy.. not in a bad way - actually it smells very much like the Jungle conditioner from Lush at this stage.

Going back to it half an hour later, it's changed completely! Now the earthiness has mellowed down considerably, and so has the green element. Actually it's faded quite a bit now. I'm not sure what sort of 'green' this is - I'm not generally a big fan of these kinds of 'green' BPALs so I can't come up with any comparisons - hopefully someone else will come along later to add a review with more expertise in this area! But I'd say it isn't grass.. it isn't leaves or trees - it's just bright and clean like the smell of fresh air in your hair as you walk through a field on a sunny day. Oh, and it doesn't smell like Jungle any more now :D

That is an odd green! A sort of jungly, feral green, not the clean-bright green of, say, a lot of the Love Poems. There's something animalistic back there, though it does have a clean, clovery kind of note. (I'm not very good at pinning down notes, just trying to figure out what the smell kind of sort of like.) Slightly masculine, a little springy — it kind of smells to me what having slight allergies feels like, in the sense that the way the season smells and the way this smells resonate for my stuffy nose. ;)

There's something else going on here, but I just can't pin it down! A muskiness? Grr, arg.

P.S. Thanks to sunshinedaisybliss for sharing. :)

Edited by bookandbroom

This is sweet green grass (same note as in Green Party) and a good bit of lemon balm in it because it has a bright lemon note that holds on my skin and is yet slightly herby. It does have the same 'airy' note as Host of Air. Smells fresh, green with slight muskiness. I feel its slightly masculine, and for those guys that like chypre type blends.

ICD23 - Heavy, dark green leaves/foliage and dust -- not the dust of a scent gone awry on my skin, but the heavy, thick, mucky dust of Rat King. On me, this is sour and unpleasant, but I tend to not like green or dusty scents.