Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Sign in to follow this  
fairnymph

PS: Iron Parasol v1

Another one I really wanted to love based on name alone - I adore metal both in perfume and as tactile sustance and abstract concept.

I did skin test this one, and got barely ripe, slightly green, sweet-tart NECTARINE with some chrome (maybe - honestly, it could be my imagine as this is on my skin a very smooth scent with that edge I get from metallic notes), maybe the soft leather from U (or it could be that same raw vanilla note as well as a little grassy balsam that reminds me of U) and some sort of creamy, very likely vanilla musk emerged strongly on the dry down, some skin musk, too; reminds me of cross between Ebisu, U, and Fae. This needs a bit of slathering, and doesn't have much throw, but it does hold quite well. I really loved this and wanted a lot of it AND was asked by many to pick it up - so, OF COURSE, this was one of the most popular scents of the night and sold out very quickly. Wahhhh! I need more!

:wub2:

I got an unremarkable sweet fruit with an edge of metal. Very little throw, and it disappeared completely on my skin within 10 minutes. Meh.

I actually really really like this one.

I'm not usually a floral/fruity type of gal, but the tart tang of the slightly metallic background make this a damn sexy and unique scent. It has a girly steampunk feel all around. The top layer being a fruity feminine, and the slight tang in the background acting as iron and grace. If I close my eyes, I picture a Victorian gel with scented gloves running to catch a train as it starts to chug away from the platform. Slightly floral, slightly fruity, and a soft iron background.

As it dries down, I think that I might be picking up a slightly cottony or vanilla linen note...?

Ok and it's morphing again... am I sensing grapefruit?

The throw is light, but not too light on my arm. It's dry now but it's still pretty strong when sniffed up close.

I think that I've found my summer scent! :D

verdict? What a light skirt! ::turns up nose at the trollop::

Oh man, I think this has tuberose in it because its got a very high pitched floral line to it. Hint of nectarine, green musk and metal. But yes, one of the florals is definitely tuberose.

Iron Parasol v1 - This is a sweet fruity-floral scent that's dominant on the fruit side of things and far beneath the floral is an edgy bit of metal. The fruit is definitely nectarine, but I feel like there may be something pink or red and sweet, too. As for the floral, someone else mentioned tuberose, which is one of my favorite florals, but sadly, I don't smell it in this blend. The floral is more generic. The scent disappears from skin quickly, within a few minutes. When I first got into BPAL, I was a fruity-floral girl, and I'd have probably gone nuts over this. My tastes have changed, and while this is pretty, it's definitely not the type of scent I tend to be drawn to anymore. I'm very glad I had the chance to try it.

The tester I have is labeled "Iron Phoenix v.1," but since that blend doesn't exist and the impression I'm getting is much more like these reviews than the reviews for Iron Phoenix v.2, I'm assuming this is what I have!

On me this smells like chrome, sweet fruit (nectarine is probably right on the money), and rose. It's the rose note that doesn't work on me, the one from Two, Five, Seven, the sweet one--or else that's the nectarine making things too sweet. The floral may not even be rose; it might be the nectarine tricking my nose, since it's so overwhelming. But to my nose it does smell like the 2 5 7 note.

Sniffing my hand where I swiped it, I don't like this at all. The weird thing, though, is that I keep getting whiffs of it as I type from a couple feet away, and I like it a lot from a distance. At a distance it's a much more subtle floral (and smells more like daffodil to me than rose, oddly). Up close on my hand it's strong strong fruit, the kind I can't wear, but from far away it's actually rather nice. All in all, I wouldn't want to wear it because then I'd be surrounded by it, and it's enough to make me feel sick, but if I were around someone else who had it on, I'd think they smelled awesome.

This smells like sweet citrus, clean & cool metal, and sharp white florals on me. I don't like sharp florals, but the sweetness of the fruit and smoothness of the metallic notes are really nice, and the sharpness fades on me over time so that I'm left with clean, sweet metallic note. My husband is a fan of fruity-floral and clean type scents, so he really likes this on me.

Lots of fruit and gentle florals with a touch of metal in the base layer. The fruit might be nectarine? and currants, while the floral note reminds me of tea rose. It does seem to fade swiftly and has a very light throw. This is a perfect summer scent and I wish I had discovered it earlier in the summer rather than later.