Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Sign in to follow this  
fairnymph

Hatshepsut v11

Dark fruit, almost definitely pomegranate but possibly dark wine or black plum (or some combination these), with maybe a little date or fig as well - surprisingly fruity, overall, but with dark purple fruit reigning. It seems to have the same soft incense and warm, slightly powdery, golden amber base as v3. Good throw and longevity.

A deeper and more sensual blend than v3 with the fruit strongly taking the forefront, as opposed to v3 which has the sweet floral and incense/amber base about equal, whereas this is definitely fruit-forward with a much lighter base relatively. I think both versions work conceptually, and I like the floral(s) in v3 and the fruit in v11, but I'm not liking the amber & incense both share as a base, alas. I'm sad bc Hatshepsut is my favourite historical person of all time.

Edited by fairnymph

Hatshepsut v11

In the imp: rich sweet amber incense and maybe some fruit?

Wet on skin: the golden lotus of Lotus Moon, as well as amber and maybe red wine?

Dry on skin: this is such a beautiful scent. I can’t say what it contains but I’m going to guess…amber, golden lotus, myrrh, red wine, maybe some frankincense, spices, herbs, some kind of raisin like dry sweet fruit or a deep berry note? It’s gorgeous. It has a wine soaked myrrh scent that reminds me of Haloa and the Magi. It has an amber gilded lotus scent that reminds me of both Lotus Moons and Bastet. It also smells a bit like the TAL Queen of the Nile, funnily enough. I wouldn’t be surprised if this was crammed with myrrh, it was Hatshepsut’s favourite scent after all. I also think I smell a hint of Egyptian musk, like the one in Gothabilly?

After a while: this then settles into a beautiful sweet wine and myrrh scent with accents of amber, lotus and spices. It’s warm, rich red-purple with gold and amber flashes, incredibly regal and dignified. It feels luxurious and golden, evokes the colours of a sunset.

Verdict: my favourite of the Hatshepsut protos, this is a glorious amber resin and deep red fruit scent. This reminds me of Lotus Moon 2010 to an extent, but without the lotus and odd grapefruit note, and with extra resins and fruit added. It feels noble, luxurious and makes me think of ancient treasure and precious cargo from the land of Punt containing exotic fruit and resins and jewels and gold, along with offerings of rich red wine, incense, and sweet amber. I am so glad I managed to get a bottle of this beautiful scent and I hope that one day the finished version of Hatshepsut comes out and it smells somewhat similar to this, or has something along the same amber-fruit-resin-spice theme.

Emoticon rating: :wub2:

Is it a keeper? Definitely!

This scent is evennmore beautiful than I thought it would be. I concur with previous reviewers - definitely amber (it smells like Egyptian amber, which is my favorite kind), spices (perhaps cardamom and nutmeg? definitely no cinnamon) and incense on me. There is a sharpness right as it goes on which I identify as myrrh but it goes away almost immediately. I don't smell any "fruit" notes in this, unless there is a touch of wine (which I identify differently than a fruity scent). This is a beautiful scent that is a summer/fall wear for me. I love it, and I'm happy I found a bottle!

I detect red wine, amber, spices (cinnamon or cardamom), incense. There is also lotus in it.

It has the same Egyptian vibe as the Iteru scents did. I find it richer and deeper than the v3 version.

I can see a strong, decisive woman wearing this.

In the bottle: dark fruit, wine, incense

Wet: The fruit/wine (I want to say a plum wine because of the floral tinge, but I'm also not familiar with lotus and that certainly could be the source of the floral) remains prominent, but is joined by powdery resin with the incense in the background. The wine isn't boozy at all. I get more myrrh than amber. It has a very regal vibe to it.

Dry: The wine begins to back off and let the resins and spices take charge. Dry, dusty, delicate but dangerous, like quicksand. Despite having decent throw wet, it becomes a skin scent rather quickly.

Lovely scent, one I will probably reach for when I need a hit of confidence. Glad I grabbed this bottle from Etsy!