Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Sign in to follow this  
Siberia

Lotus Moon 2010

Soporose and lenitive: opium-laced golden lotus with rich amber, red sandalwood, pomegranate, frankincense, and rose otto.

Goodness I adore this. On first whiff all I can smell is smoky opium, sweet lotus, and a bit of a deepness to it all. On my skin the scent goes very smoky and sweet, but soon mellows and I can pick out lotus and may be even a touch of rose (but really just lotus + floral type smell) over a grounded base of sandalwood, amber, and frankincense. It becomes almost spicy along with the smokiness which balances out the lotus wonderfully. As it dries the smokiness fades into the grounded frankincense like base and the florals meld together making the lotus less distinct. Doesn't have much throw and wears a short period of time, but I adore it. I have a deacon of the original and the 2010 version and though I like the original better, this one is lovely too. May have to track down a bottle!

This goes on with a kind of wet, green-ish scent backed by frankincense; it reminds me of how tomato plants smell.

After about an hour or so, that rather prickly greenish scent fades, and I'm left with a good balance of musk, pomegranate, and rose.

I haven't tried the original version yet, but I have a bottle on the way.

I'm afraid the lotus and pomegranate has disappeared for me on this. All I smell is smoky opium, golden amber, beautiful sandalwood and frankincense. It's still a very lovely, opulent, glowing oriental scent, though, which is appropriate to the theme.