Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
windbourne

Sakura

Cherry blossom, wild iris, wisteria, and hibiscus.

Hey-hey! I didn't know this existed until I poiked up to the BPAL booth and went BAROO? A new spray? I must test!

So I have. It's -highly- reminiscent of Hanami, which is perhaps unsurprising, as they share both cherry blossom and wisteria as notes, but Sakura is considerably more fruity, with a reddish tinge to the scent that Hanami doesn't have. As a room spray, I think I like it more -- it's something like the scent of a warm spring day, and expresses quite beautifully the idea of the flowers blooming.

It'll be wonderful year-round, I think; anytime you need a breath of spring.
(It does have a slightly dryer-sheety aspect as well, which is kind of awesome in a room spray because your room smells incredibly clean afterwards. >D)

This is a wonderful, bright spring scent -- freshly sprayed, it reminds me of sun-warmed cherry blossoms. I don't get much of the iris or wisteria specifically, but the floral scents blend so well together into the "sun warmed blossom" scent note, that I don't smell them specifically. After it lingers a bit in the room, it actually seems to brighten as the hibiscus asserts itself.

Absolutely beautiful :wub2:

This does scream SPRING FLOWERS!

I find the flowers here are well-blended, and at first it's hard to pick them out. After a few minutes of the spray settling around me, I start to distinguish the scent of wisteria and cherry blossoms, then the iris slowly peeks out (but it's not the powdery type I'm used to). There's no sweetness at all in these flowers. I agree with windbourne's comment about the dryer-sheet-like scent that appears later and I'm not sure if it's the wisteria or hibiscus that's creating it, but I also don't find it takes away from the scent. It's strong too, I can still smell it hrs. later after just a couple of sprays.

This is a very floral, feminine, and pretty scent. I find this particular floral blend to have a very calming effect, which I really like. I'm so glad I got this! :wub2:

Edited by cfrancesca

You have got to love wisteria for this one. I smelled wisteria, pummeling the sakura and the iris.

Rats.

I'm not great with picking out floral notes (and I usually don't enjoy florals), but I love this spray. I love it even more than I thought would be possible. I can definitely smell the sweet cherry blossom, but it's somehow a very cool and calming scent. It makes me feel so relaxed, even moreso than the lavender/sleep therapy blends that I own. It's like the air around me is refreshingly cool and clean when I use this. There's none of the fake, sharp, chemical-y floral that I was worried about.

I really think that this might be my favorite of all of the bptp room sprays that I own (and I have many). I wasn't really expecting to like this scent at all, but it's beautiful. And the peacock on the label automatically makes it the best looking of my room sprays, lol.

This is a lovely soft, soothing fragrance that makes me feel as if I'm falling asleep in a sun-warmed grove of cherry trees in bloom. Now I'm a highly stressed person--I joke that I'm not only a sufferer but a carrier of stress--and it really helps me unwind, especially at bedtime. It seems so uncharacteristic of me, with my horde of dark and/or foody scents, that I'd fall for a floral like this, but it's just so comforting that I have. It's not a screeching floral at all either, more of a cuddly floral with berrylike hints from the cherry blossom. My mother can't stand it, but the room it lives in isn't hers after all. ;)

Edited by Invidiana

One of the things I enjoy most about BPTP's sprays is that they're not 'normal' smells for room sprays. I mean.. before these all I really knew was the typical 'air freshener' smells - you know, the type that come in a spray can and have names like 'Summer Garden' or 'Ocean Breeze'. Ick. But with BPTP I get smells of leather, smoke, woods, spices - and I love them because they're different - I just don't dig my house smelling of flowers.

Soooo.. sadly, Sakura is in that 'typical air freshener' category of smells to me. That's probably not really a completely fair statement, because the notes in Sakura are clean and rich and not at all fake-smelling, but still.. it is what it is. This room now smells lovely, with a strong hit of the sweet cherry blossom and the heady richness of wisteria, and the dusky loveliness of iris, and it's definitely a heady scent evocative of Japanese gardens where the cherry blossom trees are in full bloom creating patterns of dappled sunlight on the ground and the wisteria is dripping languidly over wood gazebos. But it's really not my kind of thing, and in the end analysis it's just too sweet and floral for my liking.