Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
hlinspjalda

Embalming Fluid Bath Oil

EMBALMING FLUID BATH OIL
A light, pure scent: white musk, green tea, aloe and lemon.

In the vial: Light green tea with the perfect quantity of lemon, overlaid with an additional, light, unidentifiable green note that I guess must be the aloe.

Wet on skin: I use these in the shower as moisturizers. When it hit my skin, there was a moment where something amped up that I think must have been the white musk. It died back immediately, though, and all I got was an overwhelming, delicious blast of the same scent I got in the vial. The lemon is light, not bitter like peel and not acidic like juice. It's not sweet like candy either. It's perfect, just perfect!

Dry on skin: This is a light scent, but it clings more tenaciously than most of the BPTP bath oils have on me. A day and a half later I was noticing it on my pillowcase, my towel, and the shirt I'd worn the day before. My daughter loved it and my husband didn't object to it, which is about as perfect a response as I ever get to bath oils around my house.

This scent is fabulous. It didn't morph on me despite the fact that I don't do well with white musk. It's an ideal hot weather bath oil, evoking cooling and calming images without being either overtly foody or in-your-face citrusy. I love it, and I want a bottle!

Next I think I'll try the matching soap....

The perfect skin moisturizer for summer. It's fresh, crisp and cooling. Green tea with lemon and aloe. The lemon is tart, and as Hlins stated above it is neither sweet or bitter. The white musk adds just a hint of sweetness and a touch of femininity.

My only regret is not purchasing a few more. I adore Embalming fluid, and the bath oil is no exception. My skin is soft to the touch, the oil leaves no grimy residue and sinks in rather quickly.

I have to say that I think Embalming Fluid works fabulously as a bath oil. The light refreshing citrus is such a citrus clean that it makes for a comforting bath. I can see this one being very appropriate in either the spring/summer.

I have never been a huge fan of Embalming Fluid as a perfume. It makes a spectacular bath oil. I should start by saying what a huge fan of BPAL bath oils I am. They are amazingly luxurious both as a bath oil and I also love rubbing it on at the end of a shower and rinsing it off-either way you are left with super soft, lightly scented skin.

The scent of this is wonderful-not too strong, not too light and smells exactly how it sounds-lemony aloe, musk and green tea. Bright and soothing and lovely! Very glad this is permanent catalogue! It will be amazing for summer!