Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
hkhm

Ekhidna

All the corruptions of the earth: mandrake, dark myrrh, seaweed, swampy moss, black pepper, pimento, opoponax, tobacco absolute, and tarry clove.

This one is spicier than I was expecting. The pepper is the first note I can distinguish. I mostly get a spicy, earthy feeling from this one. When it's dry, I get a lot of clove out of it. It blends nicely with the pepper. The spices are the strongest notes for sure.

The softly earthy spices make for a really nice winter scent. It's warm and comforting like a kitchen after seasonal baking had been going on. I'll happily break it out from time to time when a little extra warmth could be used.

Freebie from 2014 which has been aging.

In the imp: Dark (very dark!) myrrh, salt, clove, and tobacco.

Wet: A light application as the notes list both pepper and pimento - neither of which I'm confident about applying to my skin. After no immediate reaction, I added a second dab, which starts off as clove and myrrh with a touch of moss, and settles into an earthy scent.

Dry: Beautifully earthy moss with no pepper or spice to be seen. It's a shame this is now discontinued; it's well worth a test if you can get your hands on some.

Stars: ★★★★