Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!

Brimming with native fruits and flowers, but also imbued with the power of native earth magicks: apricot and pomegranate with deep plum, wild roses, two Middle Eastern pale musks, white orchid, iris and sweet roots.

I've just got a really old Lab imp of this (the old 'flying witch' style imp label), so it's probably quite different from how a newer imp/bottle might smell, but that said..

The oil is a rich golden apricot in colour, and when it first hits my skin it gives off a lovely throw of rich apricot syrup. My first thought was that it reminds me very much of my aged Queen Mab. I can also smell some plum behind there - the same rich and deep plum as Hellion has. There's also something that reminds me of Sugar Cane here, but I don't see that as a listed note so maybe that's coming from the way the florals have merged with the musks and sweet roots over time - it's a very 'waxy' but musky sweet base.

10 minutes in, and that initial wave of apricot syrup has faded and now the pomegranate is here - lovely, rich and deep but not overly sweet. I'm picking up more rose now too.

Half an hour later, and this has faded greatly - it's still the same as it was at 10 minutes, but everything has softened and loosened up. The apricot has gone into the background a bit. Then after just over an hour, I'm left with mostly rose and pomegrate with a slight layer of apricot and plum. It smells very 'real' - like those things were actually sitting in a bowl in my house, exuding their various aromas. Very soft and pretty, almost Victorian feeling - definitely a feminine blend but it also has a quiet strength.

I found this old imp hiding out in one of my boxes, all forgotten about. Wet, I get a pale fruity orchid, but almost immediately it turns to rose. I amp rose like nothing else, but that's ok as I like it. I just wish that sometimes the rose notes would lay off and let me smell the other pretty notes that are hiding. A few minutes later and I can almost smell some fruit - but the rose still dominates. It seems to morph between rose and fruity rose over and over again.

10 minutes later and the rose has hidden itself allowing a bit of plum (or something fruity) and orchid to come out and play. Very springtime and quite lovely but fades fast.

I would've tried this scent for the name/theme alone as I'm half Armenian and love the "traditional" fruits like apricot and pomegranate. Sad it was DCed, but I managed to get ahold of an imp.

In the imp: Apricot with some "red" tartness, presumably the pomegranate. Whoa I just started feeling dizzy after smelling this. Not sure why.

On my skin: Lightly spiced apricot. It's kind of faint, but I'm not sure of the age of this imp. As it dries more it's starting to smell almost nutty, but I've come to recognize that the Lab's pomegranate note often does that on my skin. There's a little floral in here too, but it isn't too strong. I'm also starting to smell the plum more; it's kind of like a spiced plum in blends like Spicebush Swallowtail.

Unfortunately, something in this blend is still making me feel dizzy. I've never had that reaction from a BPAL before O_o

In the bottle: Mostly pomegranate and plum, with some other notes going on in the background.

On my skin:

Wet, the pomegranate jumps out most, with the plum quickly playing catch-up. After a few minutes, the fierceness of the pomegranate fades, and the other notes start to come forward -- rose first, then orchid, then pale musk.

(Interestingly -- I accidentally spilled a drop of the oil on a piece of paper while I was testing. At this point, I do very much smell apricot on the paper -- just not on my skin.)

Ultimately, it becomes a beautiful softly musky floral with sweet fruits in the background.

Old Yerevan has been on my wishlist for ages, and a generous forumite recently shared some with me.  I don't wear fruit as much as I did earlier, or florals for that matter, and Yerevan is dominated by the stone fruits when wet.  As it dries, I get a little pomegranate, but more of the sweet than the tart variety, and some rose, and eventually it's all floating on a gentle cloud of musk, which reminds me a bit of The Voice of the Lobster -- not that the notes are the same, but the structure of the fruits and flowers over a musky base.  I'm delighted I got to try this, and I would have loved it earlier in my BPAL journey, but it doesn't have great staying power on me, and it's not really in line with my current tastes.