Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Cheri

Knick-Knack

When first applied, the slightly resiny orange pops forward. It's not a juicy sweet orange, it's almost the essence of orange added to a resiny base. I can also pick up a little bit of the clove. It's almost like the smell of a flavored clove cigarette (before you light it of course). The resin note smells like it could hold a trace of vetiver maybe? It's earthy for sure. If it is vetiver, it isn't an insane amount. It's just a touch smokey.

As it dries down, the orange note pops forward and becomes a little bit more citrusy! YAY! I love orange notes.

It doesn't morph crazily. It pretty much stays the same from wet to dry down. The only difference is that the orange note pops forward more when dry, which I believe should = win fo shiz. The throw is pretty good too!!

This is beautiful. I'm glad to have had an opportunity to test it!!

Verdict? An "Orange Julius" original sounds yummy right about now. :yum:

This smells like a spicy cinnamon orange, like one of those potpourri balls that you hang up in a closet, or a winter tea. Maybe a bit of clove.

I get the orange cloves many other wearers mentioned, but there's also some sort of resin or wood beneath. This makes it kind of incensy- not bad, but not really my thing either.

In the vial: Orange and clove. Very nice.

Wet: Very very woody with clove and just a hint of orange. I'm not sure if I like it or not.

Dry: I'm definitely amping a wood note. Orange and clove hang around in the background, and I get clearer whiffs of them in the throw. It does definitely remind me of thrift stores and such. It's nice but I probably wouldn't say I lovelovelove it.

Note: I was on my period when I tested this, so I plan to test it again in a couple weeks or so just in case it's a morpher.

IN the imp, it's just straight on orange aspirin, St. Joseph's brand. Ugh.

Dabbed in crook of my arm and hoped I wouldn't hurl.

WET: Orange. Sweet candy orange. And I hate sweet candy orange. I don't want to wash this off I know there's a reason I kept it all this stime. This is a total death note for me. Must be patient. Patient patient patient.

DRYDOWN: Finally it starts to morph as it dries. Some potpourri scent comes out as the orange dries. It's ... nice. Then a little bit of cloves. Okay. I can live with this. I don't have to wash it off. Not something I think I'm going to keep, I've already shifted it from keep box to swap box, right, as I leave the house to go to a movie. And in the theatre, two hours later, I realize that the crook of my arm smells, simply, like clove cigarettes. And I LIKE that. So, yeah, it goes back into keeper box.

OVERALL: Clove cigarettes. A memory of my past. A keeper.

On a scale of 1-5, a 4+

Powerful clove with a fruity background. I dig it. On drydown, the clove is a little more subtle, a dry orange emerges and… well, it’s beginning to smell a lot like Christmas. I can practically see the garlands. Nice one!

Orange and clove! Neither of the notes are strong, but that may just be due to age. The orange is the dominant note in the beginning, but the clove ends up being more noticeable once it has been dry for a while.

I love both of these notes, so I am really glad I got to try this one! I'm going to hang on to the imp, although I wish the scent were a little stronger on me.